FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:23:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Special 1/4 panel badge  (Read 6052 times)
SpeciFEcation

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2005, 06:31:14 AM »

Has anyone purchased/used one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8013202941

I am considering grabbing two and any comments (or alternative suggestions) would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Spec.
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 07:41:58 AM »

You can get them at rare spares for $31.00
why bother bidding on ebay if it goes over that price plus postage?            Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 12:20:20 PM »

If you take into consideration buying a secondhand set, then having to get them rechromed with no guarantee on the work as it is diecast.
I don't think you chrome a pair for under $30, then they are probably good value.

$6 is heavy on, for postage, regular postage on items under 250gms is $4:65 Aust wide.
If you pay via PayPal, he slugs extra too.

Rares might be the better alternative, $10 left back in your wallet anyway.

Otherwise see if anyone on the forum has a good set that doesn't need chrome.

SpeciFEcation

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 12:57:40 PM »

Well thanks guys...

I had never seen them at Rares until I looked again just now (because you told me they were there).

Funny how that happens.

Spec.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 12:03:14 AM »

What is interesting about these is the assertion that they are made from the original tooling.  They certainly look the duck's guts.  Having said that, the Rares item is an excellent repro.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 11:33:56 PM »

About to get a couple myself...but can anyone tell me if you can get the SPECIAL script that the badge goes over ( for the rear 1/4 panels ).  
Mine are shot, lugs brokem and looking real sad....would be good to get some newies.

American Autos has them on their website picture and all, but NLA next to it !

Any ideas

Mark
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 11:51:27 PM »

Hi Mark,

I thought the "Special" script was avail from Rares as a repro as well....certainly the ones on my white FC sedan were in very good condition (pity about the rest of the car) and I doubt they were original....

I'd be thinking you can get the combined article from Rares and if my memory serves me correctly it was about $60 per side.....for badge and script..

regards....Brad
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 12:58:47 AM »

A repro of this used to be available, although it was generally considered to be a less than perfect reproduction.  Perhaps someone with contacts at RS could find out whether they're being retooled, have been deleted or just out of stock...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
les

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 07:56:47 AM »

Unfortunately the ¼ panel script has been droped due to poor sales and the cost to manufacture
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 08:12:44 AM »

Thanks Les....but i find it puzzling, how Rares seem to continue producing the Shield that goes over the top of the Script, but not the script itself.

I have a call into a guy from Ebay who can probably get me some.

For those not on Ebay or haven't heard yet, there is a guy selling NEW and near new FC parts at present...no big deal I hear you say.....but as he tells the story......he has a 4 tonne truck and has carted 6 truck loads of parts all NEW or 95% new to a warehouse.

Check out Ebay for his BRAND NEW Steering Wheel currently over $400, and the Chrome ring at $150 and the Horn Button at over$220.....Thats near on $800 for a complete wheel...but it's BRAND NEW !

I'd love to know how he got his hands on so much Genuine Brand new Holden parts...not replica....geniune holden in original boxes.

It amazes me !

Cheers

Mark
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 02:53:29 AM »

Hi mark,
Its true he bought the gear from a deceased estate where aparently the original owner was an FC nut. There is new and near new parts and there was some horn buttons from between $350 and $400.So if rares were to make them there would be just as much a market for them as HQ grill badges if not more. Also lots of secondhand parts.
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 03:59:34 AM »

Thanks Graham.

I got talking to him yesterday and he explained the deceased estate thing.  Back in it's day, it would have been like being left $1000, but in todays market, would be like being left $1 million !

Just yesterday alone, this guy ( and his partner ) shipped out over $20 grand of stock without even making a dent the stockpile !

He is currently helping me source some SPECIAL scripts.  He doesn't have any newies, but has over 50 of them in varying conditions.

This ( now deceased ) guy, must have to take the cake, for being Australia's biggest FC fan or collector !

ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 09:54:35 AM »

Mark,
I have 2 Rare Spares Special scripts and 2 Shields (new) that i'm willing to sell Wink
Phone ACE  Cool 0427 430044
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: