FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:31:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chopped 2/3 FC  (Read 18046 times)
HARKO
« on: June 20, 2002, 02:21:00 PM »

I know it's not quite an FC but from behind you can't tell ,These pics are of my ute at various stages ,

This was taken at home minutes after a coat of stealth bomber black ,But it lacked a little something so the following day

We masked her up and threw a few rattle can's at her ,This was 2 day's before summernat's and battling to get there, I was still cutting  perspex screen's 11pm the night before
As luck would have it I peeled off the masking and rolled it out into the paddock to catch the sunset,,This next one is at Oran Park Drags I didnt test out the old grey but Im sure that when my dog can fall out of the back then catch up and jump back in that my ET would be pathetic .      
It's a good comparisom to stock height I lopped out 4 1/2 inches

The baby moon's I pinched off a mate's Wyllis  

This last shot was the last day out in its former skin as you would notice I don't like driving something some one else has ,The grille jumped the fence from a 56 cusso any comment's on this would be GREATLY appreciated,,,Harko
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 11:18:42 AM by HARKO » Logged
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2002, 04:52:20 AM »

Nice rendering, but does your car actually look like this?
or is to going to look like this, and if so, what stage are you up to?
the idea looks good

Ed

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2002, 05:22:04 AM »

Hey Ed,

I saw your name as the "Last Poster" for these boards and I thought, "Cool!  At last... some new pictures of Ed's beast!"  Oh well :-/

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2002, 08:13:44 PM »

Hey Harko,

nice ride, fantastic job!, I remember poring over it last AHD, because there arent many chopped old holdens out there.
Could I grab your email, I would like some advice from you, on a similar planned job.  I have done most of my planning but need tips on a few finer details.

Email me ed-ho@ihug.com.au

Richard,
Pictures are defintely forthcoming, bear with me as i dont even own a camera!...
progress is good, I have it fit up and ready for colour, however, I may rework it to make it that little bit more special...
Ed

PS why did Harko's post have only a red rendering yesterday and has returned with pics galore?

in the shed
HARKO
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2002, 07:50:44 AM »

Cool Thank' ED for the comment's and I will post a pic of 2inch chop FC sedan in the next couple of days along with some build up shot's ,,,,Harko
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2002, 12:29:57 PM »

Hey Harko
So the screens are perspex, do you know of any chops with real glass, I have always been curious about this. How do go sitting in it, I have always thought chop-tops are cool but a little inpractical for someone who is 6'4".

What sort of rims do the baby moons go on, I was told you can use HKTG Holden 14 inchers.

BTW, the grille looks good, only it seems it was squeezed in with no room top and bottom.

HARKO
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2002, 09:28:41 PM »

The screen is glass in the last photo and covered up because its cracked ,it was the 2nd attempt and it worked fine but minor detail's prevented it from slipping in without breakage ,The wheel's are off a HG Monaro, 14 inch ,As for headroom I'm 5`8 and have no problem ,Heat in the cabin is quite bad on a summer's day but then the car is black , Sit in your FC and check how muck head room you have ? Roughly 2 inches or so , well I dropped the roof 4 1/2 and lowered the seat 4 inches, "It must be coool if Ive lowered the suspension roof and seat" The grille well I dont think it will be there forever -it came about through my Brother in law's sketches and a swap meet bargain..,,Harko
HARKO
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2002, 02:27:14 PM »

Just a short post to update - Where's all the comment's ,"Put ya 2 bob's worth in" or does it just need that extra 1/3 of FC to hit cool status
At the moment I'm slotting in a 350 very slowly and finishing the proper paint job which I ran short on time to do the first time I'd love to hear how you think the car should look  as in Wheel's Paint scheme Interior "Fire away" I dont care if you think its another poo mobile in altered context...Harko
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2002, 12:16:37 AM »

Hey harko.
Thanks for the pics. It is interesting to see a top get chopped. What colour is the new paint going to be? Will you have it at the next All Holden Day? Come over and say G'day if you are there. Now where's the pics of that FC top chop you promised us?
Regards
Alex

HARKO
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2002, 07:29:17 AM »

Alex  and ED I posted the 2 inch chop FC in Practicality over History Technical Board
,Hope you like ! although I lowered it..
I've been thinking an orangish shade of candy gold or dark purple or dark dark metalic green or red,,Get my drift , I perform a lot of tasks on different cars and the hardest I find is choosing a colour
Wheels will hopefully be a set of three spoke billets
Dont know if I'll make it to the AHD ,To busy building a 56 beetle
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2002, 04:51:12 AM »

Harko,

Here's one that will appeal to you....

cheers
RET

PS - There's something a little funky about that URL, so if the pic doesn't appear for you, try this link: http://www.zombiehotrodwear.com/showcase/admin/pics/SEGGJIcr7.pjpeg

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HARKO
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2002, 11:53:24 AM »

Rich ,I love the originality but not so appealing to me ,
And thats a good point ,where would we be if we all liked the same thing ? Thanks for that pic I love to see creativity..
HARKO
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2002, 10:36:24 PM »

Where are my priorities
I would like to think that I'm not the only one who bight's off more than he can chew , The much loved ute has been sitting in this position for a good few month's now - 350 powerglide ,disk front ,power window's ,central lock ,alarm ,and chassis kit built , all ready and waiting for me to straighten out my priorities .
One of them being a VW ,I think I might be a little off track here !
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2002, 11:11:52 PM »

Hey Harko,

ive had loads of distractions from the tru project over the years, if i hadnt poured so much energy into other "fun" projects, I could've finished the wagon off ages ago.. anyway im focussed on the wagon at the moment.  I have a US Postal Jeep wanting attention after this....  

Ret,

that EK wagon, do u know where it's from?  A guy they nickname "Bubble" built something similar a couple of years back, but i never saw the end result.  is that it? (i donated the guards..)

He also built a 2 door chopped pink EK..

Harko,

Where did u get your louvre's done?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2002, 02:15:39 AM »

Ret,

that EK wagon, do u know where it's from?  A guy they nickname "Bubble" built something similar a couple of years back, but i never saw the end result.  is that it? (i donated the guards..)

Don't know if this is the guy or not, but here is the referring page: http://www.zombiehotrodwear.com/showcase/post.php?post_id=30

cheers
RET

brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2002, 04:42:30 AM »

Hey Harko,
                Nice work mate,maybe some purple around the flames,and a set of satin finish US centerline autodrags.
Oh and dump the ass a bit more.
Anyway theres my two bobs worth Tongue.
Well done......CHEERS.....BRAD Cool

1959 Black Std sedan
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2002, 05:51:20 AM »

harko,

now i think your priorities should be putting your projects aside, and begin working on my car!

you've seen my concept pics, when can i deliver the car!  Wink

on a serious note though, i saw a new monaro drive past yesterday, and it was a very nice shade of green (have you seen it? looks like my colour but slightly deeper and metallic). just picture your ute smothered in that shade with some colour coded steelies and whitewalls.

don't forget the airbags!

simon
HARKO
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2002, 10:44:45 AM »

Ahh we speak on the same wavelength simon and I love that green too but do you think it might end up like tiger mica and see it on everything from show winning Street Machiners to 120 y's (or are they both the same thing) ?
I still have my heart set on black after all it is a colour from the great depression and I feel that every day I walk past it.
Rest assured the car will be dumped as low as humanly possible .and then a little more.
ED the louvre's I press in here ,I M me and I can give you some more detail's
and I do have a plan but it will be a little different to this pic , Ive been toying with the idea of cutting off the door frame then welding it onto the body with a larger back face so that I can suicide the door's and allow the glass to roll up without a pillar or frame like a HQ Coupe

« Last Edit: October 22, 2002, 12:06:47 PM by HARKO » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2003, 01:08:50 PM »

Heres the 350 waiting for duty .
No progress otherwise . Cry

Just wondering if anyone else isnt seeing the previous pictures ,or is it my computer.
Let me know and Ill get back to starphoto and see if I can rectify the situation.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 01:46:17 PM by HARKO » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2003, 01:17:11 AM »

I thought this thread needed an update  and some new pics because the previous ones seem to dropped out.
Also since Jan this year we have gained a whole bunch of new members that may be interested Smiley However dont let the model steer you away from the real cars, The cars we base this forum on.

This is the car in original form along with the finished thing superimposed along side

A strange glint in my eye

Pay off!

Enjoy  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: