FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:25:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE HOLDEN PANELVAN /PANELWAGON  (Read 4299 times)
JOHN WATERS
« on: March 06, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

LOOKING FOR INFO ON 1957 PANELVAN WITH WINDOWS ALL ROUND AND REAR FOLD AWAY FACTORY SEAT STORED UNDER FLOOR.COULDNT MATCH COLOR FROM ID PLATE BUT PANELBEATER MATCHED IT TO A HOLDEN FLEET VEHICLE COLOR.CHROME HEADLIGT RINGS AND TAIL LIGHT SUUROUNDS WERE PAINTED SAME COLOR OF CAR. RESTORATION IS COMPLETE AND THOUGHTOF SELLING BUT ALL WHO SEE IT SAYS IT IS RARE.CAN SOMEONE FILL ME IN ON THIS TYPE OF VEHICLE AND ITS MAIN USE. JOHN WATERS
Richard Thomas (Guest)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Hi there John,
I would be interested in hearing a bit more about this vehicle of yours - it does sound very unusual.  To the best of my knowledge, painted headlight and taillight surrounds were found on some FC utes and vans, but were not especially popular - I'm not aware of any FEs done in this manner.  Could you supply the body-plate details that you have?  I'm intrigued.  I would also be happy to advertise the car for you in our club magazine if you would like to give me some details of price and location.
cheers Richard
Ken McLean
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Sounds like a vanette. Not really rare since there is another model with 3 doors as well as the rear seat and windows yours has. I know of at least 4 of the three door models and about a dozen as you describe.  If you can find the paint number I will confirm the colour for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: