FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 05:30:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCCOOL photo album (life story)  (Read 3651 times)
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2005, 11:01:44 AM »

My wife bought a scanner the other week so I am now going crazy with photos.
here is were it started, this van belongs to my uncle and is a FC disguised as a FE, it started life as a posty van, my uncle rebuilt it when I was a kid and later on when I was about 13 I went for my first long trip in this car from sydney to grafton, I decided then that one day I would have my own if it was the last thing I did.
By time I got my liscence I had somehow gained a interest in datsuns but after blowing them up and smashing them I started getting sick of them and wanted something a bit more cruisy and with a cast iron head.
One day while me and my mates were going out to parklea I spotted a FE for sale on the side of the road on a trailer. I was straight of for a loan and a few dys later the car was in my mums front yard.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 12:22:44 PM »

I had a extra grand on the loan to get it on the road wich mainly got spent at rare spares on bits and peices leaving me with no money to finish it, I took it in the unfinished state to find out what I would need for a rego and that was the only time I ever really got to drive it.
The FE had been a pretty hot car, the double diaphram solid race clutch nearly needed two feet to push the pedal, diff was lsd and brakes were HR with a assie 4 speed behind the same red 6 I still have now.
One day while out driving around with a mate we spotted a FC wagon down the side of someones house, It was pretty rough but looked like a good parts donor car for the FE.
I knocked on the door and asked if they would sell it but they wanted too much, I went back a few days after and made a offer of $900, they seemed to be a little on the drunk side and it didn't take a lot of arm twisting but the big bonus was it turned out the car had 9 months rego.
at this stage the car looked like christine when she was first purchased, the tops were covered in mould and the grass stood about 2 feet high around the car, there were some issues at first with the brakes, fuel pump and carb but it still limped home without doing anything to it.
at the time I wasn't real cashed up, especailly after the big purchase. I wanted to fix it up a little without having to spend too much so I bought some rattle cans and paited scallops over the front to hide the rust andstone chips.
the car was partially painted by brush so the rattle can paint looked pretty pro against it.
The morning I painted the scallops I was very hung over and couldnt be bothered getting paper to mask so I just used tape.
as I made my way down to the passenger side the second can ran out, I was pretty broke and had the choice of buying a burger to fix the hang over or getting another can of paint, the burger won.

When I had datsuns I mainly had 200b sss coupes, a mate of mine liked my datsuns and went and bought himself one. just after buying my FC we spotted another one around the corner from were I got mine, it was a two tone red and white wagon. and my mate copied me again and now bought this FC wagon, he asked me too pick it up.
This was scary becuase he had strict parents with a immaculate house and I knew they were due home around the time I would be arriving with the car, worst thing was his parents didn't know he was bringing it home.
just as I thought I arrived into his street at the same time as his mother who was coming the other way and the FC spat out a headlight that smashed on the road just rite in front of her car as she went to pull into her driveway.
I dropped of the car and got out of there pretty quick.
My mate ben forked out a few grand on this car witch never made it to the road, infact last time I saw it, it had a council sticker on the windscreen, I since lost contact and dont know if the car was scraped but it had some nice stuff in it.
the other pic is of my FC with my uncles van not long before it went into storage up the coast.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 12:25:31 PM by fccool59 » Logged

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 12:45:10 PM »

Leon
       Cool story & photos, Was that your mates FC wagon parked next to yours? I am pretty sure I have seen a wagon with these colours before.
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 12:56:43 PM »

my mate lived in northmead, so did the cars previuos owner and my car's previuos owner.
His car also spent some time near liverpool having some rust cut out, last I heard he was living out camden way but I dont think the car made it there.
last time I saw it was across the road from his parents house with the sticker on the window, it had a old origional moon tacho and he had fitted some nasco stuff, motor was a new grey with twin carbs.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 01:11:58 PM by fccool59 » Logged

fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 02:24:06 PM »

More pics, I used to drink with this guy at the pub when I started working at a place in north parrammatta were coincidently was next door to were he worked, it wasn't till then we realised we both not only drank at the same pub but also drove FC holdens, his ute had a healthy chev stroker and mini tubs.
his plates read FC 0350 but at the same time we had a guy in the club with a blue wagon with FC 350 on the plates wich didn't come out in the pics after scanning (dark blue wagon in 2nd photo), this second photo was taken at the FE FC nats in sutton, the ute with the canopy is Alan Wall's.
Just before the nationals my clutch fork snapped and we were going to change it and all go down in the FC but due rain and mud every one decided it would be a better idea to go in my mate Ben's Bluebird than roll around in the mud changing the clutch fork, except for me.
They packed the car waited for me but I told them " piss off", I'll change it my self and drive down on my own.
that night I arrived in Sutton in the FC just in time to get some suasages of the barbeque, and I arrived in the FC not a bluebird.
At this stage of my life I was spending most of my money at the pub and wanted to change so I could start saving money for more important things, like fuel and food. I ended up moving to Newcastle but still drove to sydney each friday to go to my old pub till one day I striped a timing gear at Mt white.
this led to me taking the car of the road to pull the front apart and change the gear, while apart I was going to straighten a gaurd a bit , this lead too pulling it all apart and preping it for a respray in real car paint, at the primer stage my nan kicked me out and I moved in with my Aunty and uncle, this was kind of handy as I was about to take on my 1st paint job and my uncle is a tafe vehicle painting teacher.
I fixed the timing gear but my other ( another other uncle again)uncle convinced me to put a 202 in, I had driven the car around for 2 weeks in primer with no door glass or headlights then it was back of the road and out with the grey and in with a stock 202.
I painted the car white becuase I couldn't afford coloured paint, I got it all going in time for our first drag racing night club run and the best I could get was 18.7, a few weeks later I blew a timing gear again, coincidently across the road from the last timing gear blow.
now I was pissed off with fiber timing gears and it was time to get serious so the motor was pulled out of the FE and into the FC, the car spent a bit of time of the road and now ended up with a engineers certificate and the BXJ 506 plates were replaced with the FCC00L plates.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 02:30:34 PM by fccool59 » Logged

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 10:45:18 PM »

Keep them coming Leon.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 12:41:25 PM »

after a few years I decided to return back to the big smoke, A job had been arranged in Sydney and the nationals were around the corner. The car had to go back on the road by easter.
There was a bit of hassle with getting the plates due to a RTA  stuff up wich reminds me, when I ordered the plates the told me FC was not allowed becuase it stood for obsenities, had mr stuff but I pointed out a FC across the road with 1BADFC on the plates and said "If he can have it, So can I"
On the way to getting the engineers certificate I was pulled over 3 times for no number plates but let go pretty hassle free each time.
At the blue slip inspection I was knocked back on the key coming out when the car was running but after 20 minutes of urguing about it he called his old holden mate and the stood corrected.
Next hassle was the number on the subframe, to clear this up the car was left with the Newcastle forenzic department.
finally I got it all registered and went to sydney for a couple of days prior to the FE FC nationals, the night before I was staying at Craig Wilsons, we stayed up drinking and woke the next morning 2 hours after we were supposed to leave our meeting point at pheasants nest, no probs, a great chance to try out the new motor.
You should have seen us, every other car looked like it was i8n reverse on the freeway, I had just fitted my first 2:78 diff and I was making the most of it as I weaved through the late models on the freeway, usually jumping on the brakes to steady the thing up enough to overtake other cars.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: