FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 30, 2024, 05:24:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 5568 times)
tassie_ejs

350HP from a turbo 186?

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2005, 07:28:01 AM »

hey guys,
This is my first post on the site but i have been reading others for months now and have learnt heaps. I dont actually own a 50s holden but i have 2 EJ specials, and an HR premier. i am currently restoring one of the Ejs to totally original..the other EJ will have slight mods (HR disc front end, 179, 4-speed, mags etc. My Prem has a 186HP bored -192, Yella Terra head with roller rockers, modified cam, pistons etc. Holley 650 double pumper, garrett turbo with alloy plenum and holden inlet with wastegate and 3inch exhaust, it also has ethanol injection, supra 5speed and 3.08 diff. Unfortunately i havent had it running yet as it still needs a bit of work but i cant wait. My next car will hopefully be an FC as i have always had a soft spot for them but i need to finish these projects first. Hope i can learn lots of u guys and maybe even contribute some, especiallyin regards to the mighty grey.

cheers,  Zac
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 07:51:03 AM »

Hi Zac
       Welcome to the forum, If you want to learn more about old holdens this is the place. Good to see you took the step from guest to member as this forum is built on sharing information on old holdens the more members the more knowledge.
Cheers
Glenn

« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 07:52:16 AM by GLENN » Logged

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 09:23:59 AM »

Zac...welcome aboard !

Don't get too hung up about not Having an FC instead having EJ's and HR's.....to be honest........just about all of us FE FC owners have many parts from other models such as the HR in our FC's anyway !

I've lost count how many model Holdens make up my FC......let's see....

FC body
EK steering Column
HR front end
HT Diff
UC Torana Motor
Early Holden Trimatic
Commodore Accelerator Pedal

By the sounds of your motor build, some of us could learn a thing or two from you.....so welcome to the site !

Mark
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 11:56:39 AM »

Hey Zac.
Welcome on board.
Stick around awhile, post lots and have fun.
Regards
Alex

Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 06:52:34 PM »

Zac
     As other's have said "Welcome"
Glad to see a guest become a member. Looking forward to sharing idea and info with you.

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 11:41:50 AM »

Hi there Zac,

Welcome to the forum. Who cares whether you own an FE/FC or not....I, for one, haven't got neither and am more than content with my stock 1963 EJ Special. Grin  Grin Regardless, if classic old Holdens is your thing then you've definitely come to the right place. Cool Do feel free to post pics of your Holdens in the REAL CARS-MEMBER'S PHOTO ALBUM. Below are links to my EJ and another member's EJ:

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=album;action=display;num=1126167027

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=album;action=display;num=1127940222

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you mate.

Cheers ...... Pete

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 06:06:17 PM »

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Without wishing to start a war or anything
Ummagumma wrote
Who cares whether you own an FE/FC or not....

Well for one I do, as much as I love the Classic cars and not just Holden. I came here for FE/FC Holdens as its the site for the FE/FC Holden car clubs from around Australia. I know that there are a LOT of FORUM MEMBER who dont have an FE/FC but do have other models as you constantly see posts about other early Holdens or other classics here on the site. This has largely been accepted as we can learn from each other, but please REMEMBER that this SITE is paid for by MEMBERS of a FE/FC HOLDEN CAR CLUB.

In saying that you could say that I for one care whether you own an FE/FC or not.
All NON -  FE/FC owners would do well to remember who started this forum I am pretty sure that they owned FE/FC Holdens as well
Yes you are welcome but you should remember where you are, that is
FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
tassie_ejs

350HP from a turbo 186?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 08:28:43 PM »

hey again.
I hope i dont tread on any toes, i have a great love of all old holdens, especially EJ's and FC's, just havent got the funds or time to start an FC project atm. I am quite content with my cars, they are going to keep me busy for a while,

cheers Zac
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 10:06:56 PM »

Hi Zac
Don't worry, Mate. You are talking about a Grey motor & that is what a LOT of the cars on this site run. There are also MANY on this site who love Hot Greys, so welcome.

As for treading on toes, you will find that some on this site have the biggest toes imaginable & you are bound to tread on them at some stage. They will get over it.

Welcome to another Tassie member.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 07:58:23 AM »

Nah i won't,its not worth the hassles ,isnt that right Ret?
                       Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
craiga
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 08:26:06 AM »

But I will Rusty.  Wink

Here's the answer:

It doesn't say grey motor EJ's anywhere..........................

No offence to you Zac at all, its really good to see a younger bloke so interested in early Holdens. REALLY good. But just remember that this forum is targeted at FE FC owners, and paid for by FE FC Club MEMBERS. Of late I've noticed lots of guys coming here that don't have one of these models.

I don't care what anyone else does, but I only tend to answer questions posted about FE FC's.

To me, the fact that Zac and guys like him are even here is because there is NOTHING else this good on the web. And for that we should be proud.

Keep working on those Holden's Zac.

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 08:26:58 AM by craiga » Logged
tassie_ejs

350HP from a turbo 186?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 08:37:44 AM »

lol,
no offence taken at all. I understand that this is for Fe FC owners, ive posted the link to my cars albums on photobucket, im sure there will be a number of people who appreciate them, other than that i dont think ill make many more posts regarding the EJs or HR  other than in relation to the Grey motor, i dont expect any help but ill appreciate it. Ive been on the site a lot in the last few days (procrastenating from study for my uni exams) and i am thoroughly enjoying reading through the real rides and restore/modification sections.
Anyway, i hope this doesnt start an argument, it was definately not intended to but at least having become a member you guys know who i am and what i am about rather than posting as a guest.

cheers Zac
craiga
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 09:01:02 AM »

Good on ya Zac.

And by the way, like Rob J, can you keep an eye out in Tassie for an EJ Special Wagon, mid blue with a white roof. PLEASE!!

What do they say about HSV's - I just want one :-)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 10:38:31 PM »

Nuff said here, topic locked, I have deleted a couple of posts.

Remember guys, think twice - post once.

Sorry tassie_ejs, I guess you were the straw that broke the camel's back.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 10:44:13 PM by stinky » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: