FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 01, 2024, 01:30:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: A big THANKS!!  (Read 2006 times)
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« on: October 24, 2005, 07:24:35 AM »

Just wanted to post a thank you to John Rapinette and Mal Owen's from the NSW FE-FC club.... the guys came around to my place yesterday to help me get my old wagon started.

I've been tinkering away for a few months whenever I got a chance, trying to get her started after apparently she'd been sitting in a garage since 1969... It seemed  to me to be so close to firing, but I just couldn't get it. Cry

A little embarrassing that it only took the guys around 40 minutes or so to get her going, but their knowledge and know-how was very impressive...!!

She was a little rough at first (naturally), but after a bit more tinkering, and a bit more of a run, I reckon it sounded much better.... I was just happy to hear that sweet sound of a Grey Motor ticking over.... (the guys here at work are hastling me for listening to these clips over and over Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ).

I've tried to post a few clips for 'ya, so hopfully they work...
Just started (1.2MB): http://www.geocities.com/hewart01/clips/wagon1.mov

and, a bit later on (1.5MB): http://www.geocities.com/hewart01/clips/wagon2.mov

Now onto the next stage...! Brakes and clutch etc etc etc...
Thanks again John and Mal for your help... it was very much appreciated...!!! Wink
Cheers
Les.... Grin Grin Grin

Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 07:35:37 AM »

Good on you Les.  Just goes to show that you can't keep an old grey from going.   Try leaving a more recent model for that long, alloys etc. and see how you go.! They might not be powerful, but boy they are simple and reliable.    Cheers, Mike.
parisian62

Feelin free, in a 61 FB.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 08:48:43 AM »

That's terrific news and great to hear Les, it's a fantastic moment when an old grey sitting around that long bursts into life.  Grin

I know how it feels - with the help of Craig Wilson (FE FC NSW Club) and Andrew Hunter (FB-EK NSW Club) we got my EK wagon running.  It had sat idle for about 15 years.

You'll probably find yourself being drawn out to the garage to turn it over just to hear the sound.

Regards
Stewart
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 09:07:44 AM »

The grey noise must have overloaded the site Les, it says try again later. Look forward to hearing the rattle!
Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: