FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:39:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Fc ute project  (Read 6920 times)
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2002, 01:26:20 AM »

Looks Good Weedy but where does the bub seat fit? Grin
John.M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
weedy-burton

me love ute long time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2002, 06:51:44 AM »

Hey John,

I was thinking about chucking an old lounge chair in the back for the wife,"national lampoons vacation"style.Then Emily can ride up front with me,oh and dont worry Ill throw a tarp in too incase it starts to rain on the missus.

weedy Grin

He who hesitates is lost.
Michael

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2002, 02:05:52 AM »

Hi Weedy could you tell me what you did to widen the tunnel to suit a trimatic as I want to do this to my sedan I'm trying to find the best way to do it   Thanks Michael
HARKO
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2002, 02:50:37 AM »

Weedy your back yard is a spittn image of mine ,if I were to put my cars in those bottom two shot's it would be a perfect match ,,Just a little useless info for you , (Hmmmm maybe you staged these photo's while I was out on a hunt and maybe that's my green EK UTE  Shocked)
weedy-burton

me love ute long time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2002, 08:51:36 AM »

Hey Harko,we must both have good taste in houses.That green ute is my old mans, he's building a house at the moment so its living at my house.We got it of a bloke who was restoring it but never got around to putting it back together after it was painted.Body's pretty good but both sills have gone again due to it sitting in the blokes back yard under a tarp for the last couple of years.We checked with the RTA,it was last reg'd in 1978 and has 88000 miles on the clock.Prety cool huh....

robgtr

race me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2002, 08:53:24 AM »

weedy,i don't think a vk manifold will fit with the curve in your fire wall,how long do you think it will take to finish.
weedy-burton

me love ute long time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2002, 09:06:32 AM »

Hi Michael,

To widen the trans tunnel,I cut out the piece of crossmember that goes up and around the trans tunnel and then from inside the ute with the seat removed I cut down the centre of the tunnel with an angle grinder.I then pulled each side of the tunnel open by hand till there was a 2in gap right down the middle,into which I then welded a 2in strip of .08mm sheet metal.After all that I had to make up a replacement piece for the crossmember to suit the larger tunnel,I used a piece of 8mm 4in wide steel plate bent to the shape of the tunnel.If you pm me you email address Ill send you some pics of the tunnel and crossmember..... Cool

weedy-burton

me love ute long time

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2002, 09:09:55 AM »

Hey robgtr,

Or should I say mullet,you'd be better off worrying about that unfinnished lc gtr in you'r garage it still needs a hell of a lot of work Grin Grin Grin Grin

Michael

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2002, 09:11:25 AM »

Hi Weedy That would be great my Email address is
mjdenny@bigpond.com Thanks Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)