FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:19:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: anyone now a good pannel beater  (Read 3616 times)
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2002, 03:23:50 AM »

hi,

my fc is getting very close to needing rust repair work. i was wondering whether anyone knows a really decent and honest pannel beater out there who does the job right. i have seen so many rust repairs on cars driving around where it is obvious that they just bogged it up and painted it over. lots of pannel beaters i have approached aren't interested in repairing old cars, they seem to be cranking out quick insurance repairs.

any help from anyone out there would be appreciated.

thanks,

simon

simon
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2002, 05:01:36 AM »

Just thought I should point out that Simon lives in Sydney Smiley

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2002, 05:57:19 AM »

I had work done on my car and they did a realy good job on it. The panel beater I went to is in Moorebank where do you live he is not expensive either.The name is Vacy smash repairs 40 Regent  Cres 96012478. When he did mine it took longer thaa expected as it was bad weather and he would not spray inbad weather. I hope that helps you.
WAYNE Smiley
FCBOY
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2002, 09:04:43 AM »

Wayne,

Did he weld the repairs, or just putty it?

FCBOY
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2002, 09:24:31 AM »

thanks Wayne,

i'll check it out when i get some $$$ together. much appreciated.

simon

simon
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2002, 08:33:36 PM »

HI SIMON
       BEST WAY TO DO ANY RUST IS TO GO OUT & BUY YOUR OWN 150AMP MIG WELDER FOR ABOUT $500 BRAND NEW. THEN GET SOME OLD PANELS & HAVE A GO.I HAVE JUST FINISHED ALL THE WELDING ON MY WAGON WHICH INCLUDED NEW FLOOR PANS,NEW TUNNEL & SUBRAIL,3/4 CHASSIS,ALL WIRING HOLES IN FIREWALL & FRONT CLIP,BATTERY POSITION IN THE SPARE WHEEL COMPARTMENT SUPPORT PLATES FOR THE FRONT CROSSMEMBER, VN COMMORDORE DIFF & VARIOUS OTHER BITS.I WOULDN'T LIKE THINK HOW MUCH IT WOULD HAVE COST IF I HAD TO PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT ALL FOR ME.AND AT THE END AT LEAST YOU CAN SAY YOU DID IT YOURSELF
& YOU CAN SELL THE MIG TO RECOUP SOME OF YOUR MONEY.
GOOD LUCK
GLENN

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
keithu
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2002, 02:09:56 AM »

hi  mate i can put you on to a good panel guy if your in brissy qld  let me know ok  seeya keith
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2002, 05:30:47 AM »

keith,

i am in sydney actually, but thanks anyway...

simon

simon
keithu
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2002, 01:18:36 PM »

Hi simon no worrys mate well hope you get  it done and get a good panel guy  goodluck mate  its hard to find one these days ive know this guy for yrs  pity your in sydney   no worrys seeya simon Roll Eyes
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2002, 12:50:32 AM »

GIDDAY SIMON

I HAVE ALWAYS RECKONED THAT THE BEST TRADESMAN IS THE ONE WHO HAS TO LIVE WITH THE JOB WHEN IT IS DONE. THAT,S WHY I TEND TO DO ALL THE WORK MYSELF. TO THIS END I HAVE ENROLLED IN A PANELBEATING AND CAR RESTORATION COURSE AT THE LOCAL TAFE BEFORE I START TO RESURRECT MY EFFIE.

I AM GOING TO LEARN ALL THE TRICKS OF THE TRADE INCLUDING CUTTING AND WELDING TO REPAIR RUST.
ALL UP COST OF COURSE IS $300 [IN VIC.] INCLUDING MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT . AT THE END I WILL HAVE THE SATISFACTION OF KNOWING HOW TO DO THE JOB MYSELF AND THE SKILLS TO MAYBE MAKE A QUID ON THE SIDE DOING OTHER CARS.

HOPE THIS HELPS

DENIS
« Last Edit: May 27, 2002, 12:52:52 AM by FEHOLDEN » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: