FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:29:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Public Liability Insurance  (Read 1851 times)
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2002, 02:45:30 AM »

Smiley Hello All Club Members
Just as a matter of interest, what are the other "Clubs" in OZ doing in regarding to Public Liability Insurance?
As Shannons have pulled the pin Cry as well as a lot of other companies, where and from whom have you being able to get public liability insurance from?
Our club is currently searching for someone to take Shannons place as we must hold insurance all the time and not just for the odd show.
Any Suggestions? Huh
John.M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 04:47:13 AM »

John,

We were in a pickle because Shannons had pulled the pin and were not renewing policies after end-March.  Our policy was due mid-April Roll Eyes  As luck would have it, they backed down and decided they would honour policies until end-May, which got us out of a jam.

However, during the intervening panic :-/, we chased up quotes from a variety of sources.  We got one in the post two months later (thanks so much) for $2441, urging us to respond quickly.  What a joke.

However, we were able to get one quote through a broker for $893, from Triton Insurance.  This appeared to be our best option until the fortunes smiled on us wrt Shannons Cheesy

In SA they have some sort of state scheme for volunteers, which car clubs are able to be part of.  I don't know all the details, I heard about this from the CMC.  Maybe someone from there could fill us in?

Apparently the Qld government are working on something similar, it has been reported in the local press up there.

Otherwise, one option we considered was affiliation with the Street Machine Association.  They have an umbrella scheme which costs (I think) $60 + $8/per member.  That might be something to consider for you.

We also did a lot of phoning around to see if we could get an umbrella scheme for the FE-FC HCC of Aust (also through Triton), but that went a bit pear-shaped with the realisation that some clubs (ACT and Vic) hold regular events that are guaranteed to increase the premiums for all clubs, ie the ACT AHD and the Vic Auction Day.  We are still working on it, but it's gone on the back-burner a little.

We can only hope that common sense prevails some time in the next twelve months.  Our club's feeling was that we might have to live with one year of extortionate insurance (sorry, call it like I see it), while the federal and state govts sort out the mess we are currently in.

Hope that's some help to you.  Send me a PM if you want the details of the broker we used, and check out SMA.

cheers
RET

ps - there have been other threads on this topic.  There's one in the club area somewhere, and another in General

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 08:20:36 AM »

Firstly my apologies to Air Chief for not answering his question re PLI for the Vic auction day.  We have PLI through Shannons which covers our auction day.  A Shannons employee is the guy who does the auctioning so they know what goes on there !
Secondly - I here from an ex Qld member in our club who keeps us in touch with Nats details that the Qld club received a quote for $4000 for PLI for the Show and Shine part of the Nats.  I don't think we can wear that type of extortion - even for a year.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: