FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:36:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Check today Sydney daily Telegraph  (Read 4814 times)
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2005, 09:30:10 PM »

Hi All
   If you look in the motoring section of todays Telegraph the Sydney edition they have an article on the FE station sedan. Our club has also been mentioned interesting to read.
  If you intend to go the AHD which will be held at Hawkesbury Showground Clarendon on 7/8 you only have till next friday to get your entry in do not miss out
WAYNE
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 12:10:55 AM »

Not happy.  Despite spending a combined total of at least an hour on the phone with David Fitzsimons, emailing him photos and information for this article, it still has my name wrong, misquotes me and manages to print two different names for the NSW club, both of them incorrect.

However, this (lack of) attention to detail is absolutely typical of the Daily Terror, and News Limited publications in general.  (Should I move this to rants?)

The article has now been put online.  You can find it here.  It doesn't have the image of the FE Wagon sales brochure cover that the printed version has, but is otherwise identical.  Mick's wagon (and kids) get a run, from a photo I took outside Dalgety Hotel at the Nationals.  Mick = Forum user FE_STD_WAGON, from Queensland.

cheers
RET

PS: Les, you're right about the Terror's cropping style (or lack thereof).  The car appears to be floating in mid-air...

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 12:59:49 AM »

Thank You Mr Wilson

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 03:36:41 AM »

Thanks Mr Wilson... "REW"... Wink Grin Tongue
Yes, I'd have to agree about what say about the Terror's "style", or lack of as you say - but working for Fairfax makes me biased Wink -....  the deep-etch with coloured background isn't much chop, espeacially with the windows left in eh..?!

Nice car though.. I love that wagon Mick..!!

Cheers
Les...

FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 05:19:09 AM »

Hi all,
hey Ret could you just imagine how they [the media] would tackle my last name? its just how most reporters are never let the truth get in the way of a good story . any way any publicity for the fe-fc cc is a good thing.
thanks for the complement  Les & nice photo RET brings back great memories of the nats roll on phillp island.

Mick
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 10:18:27 AM »

Mick,

They actually did ask for the owner's name to put on the caption, but I wasn't prepared to give it to them without your OK first.  And you know what reporters are like, they need everything yesterday.

Here's the pic as shown on the carsguide site:

At least they got our URL right  Smiley

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 05:12:52 AM »

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to receive an email from the reporter apologising for the stuff-up in the article calling me "Wilson".  The error has been corrected on the carsguide site.  Can't do much about the paper version though...

Anyway, speaking as a magazine editor myself, once you get an edition out the door you lose all interest in its contents.  You're too busy with the next one!  So props to the guy for taking the time. Wink

cheers
RET

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: