FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:42:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: acrylic or 2 pack?  (Read 2494 times)
Tony Mudie
« on: April 27, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Hi all, I'm restoring a FC Ute back to original but in a 2 tone combination Adobe Beige over Olinder Green. Can anyone share their experience(s) with either an acrylic finish or 2 pack. I need to make a decision on which way to go. Thanks
Tony
Ed (Guest)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

if u are spraying yourself use Acrylic!
Acrylic is dried by the evaporation of the solvents from the apint, whereas 2K dries by chem reaction.
Acrylic is FAR more forgiving and most mistakes likes orange peel will simply buff out after a colour sand with 1200 paper (depending of course on the severity of the prob)
if u use a good HVLP gun and quality paint (PPG etc) then acrylic can look as good as 2K.
Hope this helps
Ed
Tony Mudie
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Thanks Ed,
I'm getting the spray job done professionally, in which case are you saying 2 pack provides a better finish?
TM
Ed (Guest)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Hi Tony,
I personally like acrylic because its so forgiving!
Its easier to match up if touch ups are required, and from seeing other peoples paint jobs it seems to offer similar results and is not as expensive.
However having said that ive probably opened up a huge debate from some professional painters out there!
Ultimately the choice is yours.. but I like acrylic..
good luck
Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: