FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:59:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 14" RIMS WITH FC CAPS ???  (Read 4991 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2005, 03:59:56 AM »

Sorry if tis has been asked somewhere else, but I'm curious to know if there are any 14" rims that will take the original FC hubcap.

Funds are drying up, and may be forced into fitting painted rims with chrome caps and rings until I can afford a set of alloys, but would prefer 14" rims !

I don't really like seeing FC's with HR/k/t/g caps.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Mark
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 04:32:21 AM »

Ideas?

Depends on your definition of "taking" the original FC hubcap.  This car here:

belongs to Charlie Boozer from the NSW Club, and has 14s on the back with the original hubcap.  However, on close inspection - and I don't have a better photo to show this - there is a self-tapper involved  Shocked Shocked

So as far as I know the answer is no.  Have you considered some of those mega-bling wheel covers the ricer boys love?  No, I wouldn't either. Tongue

Sorry, that's no help at all, is it?

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 04:57:32 AM »

Thanks RET  ( I Think )....honestly and no disrespect intended to Charlie,  but those rear wheels look .... aahh .... well ...... horrid !

Looks as if the caps protrude from the rim quite a bit .

If that's what an FC cap looks like screwed to a 14" rim, then I thinks me gives it a miss and will need to re-think my strategy.

Thanks Ret, and once again....no disrespect to Charlie, as he probably loves his car to bits.   Looks are purely a personal thing, but I appreciate the pic.  

Cheers

Mark
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 05:22:30 AM »

Ret is that surname right?

Bogans rule
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 06:53:09 AM »

That rear rim looks to be from an HK. The 2 close holes give it away. Don't forget that the HT-G rims have a different offset, which means that the hubcap would sit further in. I believe the difference is 1/2 inch.
Colin

colt
craiga
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 07:28:35 AM »

Hey Rusty,

Guys name is Charlie Busuttil, he is a great guy and uses a red motor powered FC on a daily basis.

He travelled to the QLD Nats non-stop in his FC, nothing really that spectacular except he had his wife and four kids in the car and travelled overnight. Here's a picture of his sedan.

And a picture of his wagon before he 'did it up'

Blokes like Charlie make the club a worthwhile pastime.

Cheers,

Craig.
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 08:14:24 AM »

Yeah Craig beautiful cars mate ,but Ret called him Charlie BOOZER? didnt think that was his right surname , love the sedan it looks in sensational nick
                                          Rusty

Bogans rule
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 09:04:47 PM »

Seeing as how Busuttil isn't exactly Smith, I didn't think I should give his full name without his permission.  I've posted other pics of his cars before though: Charlie's Angels.

Mark,  Charlie is a great mate, and he would agree with you 100% about the look of those wheels.  We (club members) have given him heaps over them, but he swears by the effect on his fuel economy.  Bear in mind that this wagon is his everyday driver that does 60 miles or more across Sydney to work and back.

And Boozer?  That's because he'll tell you that Busuttil is pronounced as in "drink Booze U(n)til you fall over" Grin

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 07:26:38 AM »

Hi Mark,
           did you think of drilling out the centers of the original wheels then having 14" step up rims welded in. They arn't too dear and would fix your problem.
                   cheers Scott
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 06:42:10 AM »

Thanks Scott, but without sounding to green.....what are step up rims.......More info or pics would be tops !

Cheers

mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: