FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 02:21:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Our new FC Station Wagon  (Read 6482 times)
Poo Wagon Bloke

If its not Holden it Aint Golden!!

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2005, 09:58:46 AM »

G'day All,
This is our new 1959 FC Station Sedan we just picked up last week. She was last registered in 1971 and has been sitting ever since

We are really looking forward to getting stuck into her.

The plate details are:
BODY- FC-229-30008A
TRIM- 314-855
PAINT- 256-7770
INSERT- 253-7699

CHASSIS NO. FC-64315-M
ENGINE- L297623

Another wagon for the fleet.

Enjoy,
Alan and Jake

The Mighty Grey never dies!!
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 10:20:23 AM »

Vehicle is an FC Special Station Sedan, the 30,008th manufactured in Adelaide, SA.

The Exterior Trim Code (314) describes this car as Two-Tone: Corsair Tan over India Ivory.

The Interior Trim Code (855) refers to: Mesa Tan & Parchment Ivory.

The Primary (bonnet, guards) colour is India Ivory (in Unknown)

The secondary colour is Corsair Tan (in DUCO Lacquer)

The vehicle was assembled during 1959, and was the 63,315th FC (in any bodystyle) assembled in Melbourne, Victoria.

Manufacture date (based on engine number) is August 1956

hmm does this seem strange or is this normal?

cheers
torque

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 08:59:06 PM »

Torque,
Have a read what RET wrote in Alan & Jakes previous post about this car. The engine has been changed at some stage & they have used an earlier FE block. Nothing strange there, Mate.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
mark001
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 09:21:26 PM »

nice car alan and jake,
good job but i think it should be garaged at our place Grin

mark Wink
craiga
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 04:59:43 AM »

Great car, congrats!!!

A Poo Wagon. Gotta love it  Grin

Cheers,

Craig.
Poo Wagon Bloke

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 05:44:31 AM »

G'day Craig,
Common, folks are dumb where I come from down south in Victoria.
What's reference to Poo wagon all about - perhaps the colour?HuhHuh?

Cheers,

Alan

TAYZ
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 05:58:23 AM »

Ad055,
            Nice project to start with!!  i am also in Ballarat.  There are quite a few FC's in the ballarat area.  If you need any bits dont hesitate to ask as I may be able to help you out, good luck!!
                                                                TAYZ
craiga
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 06:15:25 AM »

Alan,

I have a sedan EXACTLY the same colours as oyur wagon - its affectionately known on the forum as the 'Poo Mobile'.

The story of the car is here http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=album;action=display;num=1045431361

and here is a picture

Enjoy your wagon.

Cheers,

Craig
Poo Wagon Bloke

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 06:24:58 AM »

G'day Craig,
Move over there's a second poo mobile in town now. : Cheesy

What part of NSW are you in as we are coming up in a weeks time?

Alan and Jake

craiga
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 06:56:55 AM »

Hi Alan, Jake,

I'm in outer western Sydney, just at the start of the blue mountains.

We are not alone in our attraction to Poo though, there is a low mileage sedan in the QLD club owned by my mate Harry Brazier thats pretty well identical to mine, a station sedan from the WA club thats the reverse of yours, a reverse Poo sedan in the NSW Club, and a few FE's with the earlier version of Corsair Tan.

I wish I had found this car, it would make an ideal partner for my sedan. Is it in good condition?

Craig.
Poo Wagon Bloke

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 08:04:29 AM »

G'day Craig,
The FC is a restorer.
This is the history behind it. It was owned by an old couple who drove it until they were both 97! Shocked We think that they were the original owners. It was sold to a guy in Pascoevale, who sold it to a guy out of Daylesford and now its in our shed. We are going to try and see if we can find out about the cars history- eg. purchase date, price etc. It has 98,000 miles on the clock- we think original.
Condition wise it has some rust in the bottom pillars and the sills are almost rusted out. The interior is in great condition we even think the back seat has never been used! Grin We are just about to remove the seats and have a good look at the floor. The chrome is in great condition except missing a few small parts. It needs a respray quit obviously from the rust and sitting outside for 30 years. We got it going this Friday night just gone and drove it out of the shed it runs quite nicely the only problem was one of the valves had seized up so we got that going again and she runs like a gem Wink- some more holden magic. It has a few nasco accessories eg- scratch plates, pull handles, drivers side mirror, sunvisor, mudflaps, airchief radio, it has roof racks but we are not sure if they were an accessory Huh, no grille badge unfortunately!  Sad Anyway thats pretty much the long and the short of it. We are really looking forward to getting stuck into her and restoring it back to its original state.  

You didn't happen happen to make it to the state titles in Burwood in Melbourne today did you? Huh It was a great day out.

Anyway thats all for now,
Alan and Jake

craiga
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 08:30:27 AM »

Really great find Alan.

Your car even has exactly the same interior colours as mine and Harry's, so I can't wait to see the thing in the flesh.

I'm in Sydney so it was a bit far to go to the state titles in Vic, but I went down for the VIC All Holden Day a few years back and have seen most of the cars in TorqueFC's photos before. My personal favourite is Alan Hales Black FC. This was a well known car when I was a bit younger, and still is in very good condition today.

Another favourite is Brett Gillard's Terracotta/Beige wagon, the one with the accessory luggage in the back. You guys in Vic have some exceptional early model Holden's - lucky lucky bastards  Grin Grin Grin

Cheers,

Craig.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: