FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:50:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: GOODBYE TO A DEAR FRIEND  (Read 13547 times)
Emu

Emu's Ashes pic - Aussies 5-0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2005, 08:11:52 PM »

I too enjoyed a modern day "Virtual" friendship with Trev and I feel I knew him and Carrots as well.

My condolensces to all you folk in the west whose loss is that much more real as you knew the man "in the flesh"

He will be missed around this neighbourhood.

Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2005, 07:16:25 AM »

I can't believe this news, just stumbled onto it now.  Trev was an absolute champion who opened his home and heart to all, Erin and I had a fantasic morning with him and Carrots on our last trip south.  He is one person who I could say you would never pass by without stopping in on whether you had met him once or known him a lifetime.  He was more than generous with time, parts and advice, a man with an enormous heart and a million stories.

Our most heartfelt condolences go out to Lorraine and family.

Fondest memories, Mike and Erin

Mike
joker2
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2005, 10:56:23 AM »

Dear Trev passed away in a house fire at his home in the WA country town of Bridgetown on Wednesday night, an unbelievable tragedy .......

I believe the house was destroyed by the fire, so any condolance correspondence can be addressed to his business address:

Trevors Carpets
Hampton Street,
BRIDGETOWN    WA    6255  
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2005, 11:37:48 AM »

We will all miss a fellow Holden lover and enthusiest our thoughts are with his family and loved ones.Sweet cruising Trev.
Graham
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2005, 01:10:49 AM »

another of the many 100 s of pics trev sent me
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2005, 03:48:11 AM »

Carrots
Our deepest sympathies. Our thoughts are with you.
surferboy Cool Cool Cool & Cathy

Trev,   say hello to my mum will you. She'll be the little old lady at the gate telling ST Peter to straighten up his halo and to clean his wings.
Rest In Peace mate. KEEP SMILING

cruisin's great with a 58
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2005, 11:02:15 AM »

Deepest  sympathy to Lorraine and the Roberts family,

We will miss Trevs  quick wit and larakinism,

A great Aussie bloke who will be truly missed.

Nunzio and Jenny
kalfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2005, 10:32:51 PM »

i was shocked to learn that trev had passed away
to trevs family my thoughts are with you
the funny thing about us was we never met but he always had a kind word and always sent encouraging words about my ute
my plan was to drive to bridgetown when it ws finished and have a drink from the bowser
when i do finish the ute i will make that run to bridgetown in memory of a great person
to all who knew him on this forum he will be sadly missed i used to love reading his comments on here
take care old mate
kalfe
collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2005, 09:52:35 AM »

Im also saddened by this news,
as others have also said i never met the man but as we had dealings earlier in the year on a wind split for his fb,i to feel as if i  new him well, through our many PMs.
you are forever cruizin now.
RIP TREV..............
Scott Cry

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2005, 12:48:39 PM »

Deepest sympathy to Lorraine and the Roberts family.

Trev will be sadly missed but not forgotten.

Seb

Yellow Knight

Murray

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2005, 02:39:33 AM »

I was not fortunate enough to get to meet Trev although we did correspond via e-mail and the forum.
It was shock to read of his passing.
My deepest sympathy to his family.

Murray
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2005, 11:29:21 AM »

Guys
   I just realised the date ,  Trev joined the Forum on 21st April 2003 ,   2 years ago "today"

Norm  Cry

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 07:09:18 AM »

later this week april 13th it will be a year since TREVOR left us !!
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 02:16:28 AM »

Good on you Kiwi for remembering a dear friend.

Trev...Can't believe it's been a year since you were taken from us.   Every time I show my car to someone and I talk about how it was built, I'm always reminded of the many parts you helped me acquire aswell as remind me of the much help you gave to me during the short time we knew each other.

Myself, Kristy and Riley will not forget you Trev, and when I do get my car on the road, I know you'll be there with us on every trip.

Mark
daggsey58
wa-club

Model: FC

You don't sell old Holdens..you buy them!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 01:40:37 AM »

Thank you Kiwi for reminding members of the 1st anniversary of the passing of Trevor.  As one of his closest friends, I can assure you all that he is anything but forgotten and the thoughts and condolances posted by Trevor's virtual family were truly received by all of us here in Bridgetown in the spirit that they were sent and were greatly appreciated.

Twelve months on and I can report that Trev's cars still remain in his family, with his eldest son David looking after the FC wagon with the respect that it deserves.

Many of you were recipients (mainly in the West) of Trev's generosity when it came to a sort-after part and there are quite a few parts of many models of Holden that Trev collected over the years that remain (one man's junk is another man's treasure!!!). At some stage in the future, sorting and cataloguing will be undertaken and possibily a post of what is available will be put on the forum.

David and I have what is known as "I've got to tell Trev" moments when either of us see something of interest (like the FC ute that David saw coming into town a couple of days ago). It was something that Trev used to do.....if he spotted a wreck, or an old caravan or something similar, my mobile would ring and a familiar voice would say "Boy, have I gotta deal for you!!". The tradition has continued.

As an aside, some of you may remember the article I wrote on Trevor for the "Holden Characters" section of a magazine put out by GMH called "Holden Quality Parts" (Dec. 2001 edition). Unfortunately, David does not have a copy and would like to obtain one. Should anyone out there have a spare (not their own) or know of a spare somewhere, please contact me via the forum or my mobile 0428 611 800.
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006, 02:44:36 PM »

What can I say?  
Trev is so sadly missed by so many on this forum , we joined about the same time and nearly "wore out" the chat room . At the time the ISP I was with had a 4 hr "cut off" and the number of times I had to "re-log on" I couldn't count ...   I don't think there was a a car show on in WA that I didn't recieve an email with a full rundown and loads of photos , I saved every one of them and still have them on disk.
     Trev put me in contact with daggsey   (his best mate) because he has friends here in Young (NSW)  NOTHING was too much trouble .  Unfortunatly I never met Trev "in person" , something I honestly regret . Sad

Trev , thank you for the many hours of laughs , information and friendship , You will NEVER be forgotten.

Thanks Chris (daggsey 58) for your post & update . Please tell Carrots & the boys our thoughts are with them at this time.

Norm

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 03:14:11 AM »

Keep smiling Trev.
A great mate we all miss

Carrots,   Our thoughts are with you.

Cool Cool Cool and Cathy

cruisin's great with a 58