FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 09:25:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Grey Motor Fuel Pump  (Read 4222 times)
HYSTERIA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2005, 02:32:42 AM »

Hi guys, I have just picked up my rebuilt grey motor and the fuel pump looks really daggy next to my chrome side plate and polished bits and pieces, do you know of anywhere I could get a brand new complete unit, or a chrome one, Rare spares stock a chrome one but it's for a red motor. will this fit on a grey?

Cheers
Jay

EK 215 - Who needs all that chrome
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 04:56:14 AM »

This has been asked and answered before.  Yes the red fuel pump does fit the grey, but of course it does not have the vacuum pump for the wipers.  So you'll need to fit electric wipers (if you haven't already).

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HYSTERIA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 02:20:54 AM »

cheers Ret  Cool

EK 215 - Who needs all that chrome
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:57:52 AM »

Can a SBC (mechanical or electric) fuel pump be fitted to the grey to enhance the look?

Regards

Wayne
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 12:40:12 PM »

Our brobo saw at work runs a Goss grey motor pump which i replaced with a SBC but you need to change the actuator arm and on some different brands they press the pin in so you cannot replace it??

Pete

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 01:13:03 PM »

There is a blank off plate to fit grey & red motor blocks, so there must be another type of pump electric? suitable, I would be interested to know of the correct alternative for a grey motor also.

I think these blank off plates are still available at Rares Spares, although you could easily make your own.

Cheers, Gary
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 10:53:41 PM »

There is a blank off plate to fit grey & red motor blocks, so there must be another type of pump electric? suitable, I would be interested to know of the correct alternative for a grey motor also.

I think these blank off plates are still available at Rares Spares, although you could easily make your own.

Cheers, Gary

SBC blanking plates are the same I use a SBC mechanical pump on my 202 but doubt if a Grey would use the volume as the diaphragm on the SBC is about 3x larger than the Grey .......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: