FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:03:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: THANK YOU  (Read 2580 times)
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2005, 11:08:09 PM »

From Cathy & Surferboy,
THANK YOU to EVERYBODY.
You all made our holiday weekend at the Nationals
a really GREAT , FUN weekend.

Cool Cool Cool
               Grin Grin Grin

cruisin's great with a 58
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 10:19:21 AM »

Hi All,

Many thanks from Brad & Gemma as well for such a great time at the Nats....

We made it home (actually to Bridgetown) on Fri night (1st April).  Having left Jindabyne on Mon just after noon, that made it only 4 1/2 days return trip which, by the time we go from Bridgetown to home on Tues, will total 4120 Km, just a little bit less than the trip over (we have only just got access to a computer today, thanks Trev!)

No travel troubles on the way home except that Wed & Thurs were very hot going across the back of SA and WA, the FC was limited to about 80 - 90 Km/hr to keep engine temp under control, but didn't boil over (but we only ever did 100 Km/hr when not limited, so no real issue).  Used a total of 4 litres of oil in over 8000 Km, averaged about 28 m.p.g. consumption.

When we got to Balladonia (WA) on Thurs night, there was a cool change over the SE of WA and we watched an awesome thunderstorm over Norseman and Esperance (200 - 300 Km away)......the next day we drove through the aftermath.  After Esperance, we went through some of the country that had been "pelted" with rain the day before...lotsa  floodways that had evidence of lotsa water having passed through, some were still 6 - 8 inches deep.  There were also trees down all through the SW of WA (20 or 30).  Quite a contrast to the very hot days crossing the Nullarbor.

Anyway, adventure over, great time had and some "trophies" to share with our club members next meeting...

thanks again.......Brad & Gem

p.s.  See you at Phillip Island!!

p.p.s.  will post some pics of the return trip later this week once we're really home!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 10:23:59 AM by fcfromscratch » Logged
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »

Glad to see you're home safely.

Cya at Phillip Island

Cheers,

Graham Cheesy
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 12:05:50 AM »

Smiley :)Good to see you guys made it okay.  It was a real pleasure meeting you, Greg and I enjoyed your company and we will see you at Phillip Island next year.  Brad, nice voice - can you give Surferboy some lessons?? Grin Grin??

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: