FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:08:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: brake lines  (Read 3557 times)
rossy
« on: March 27, 2002, 12:39:05 PM »

when you use a hr disc brake front end can you use the hr rear end with it. will it fit andwill the fc brake line be compatable
if not, what will and why
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2002, 01:33:10 AM »

:)Yes the HR diff will fit, required to change rear wheel cyclinders to match front discs to get pass rego, brake lines have to be changed as rear lines are smaller from memory Huh
John.M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2002, 08:48:05 AM »

Rossy, so long as you use the rear end from a HR that originally had a d/b front end, you dont need to change the wheel cylinders.  If you only have a rear end from a drum brake car, then you will need to get new wheel cylinders.
Also use the complete brake lines from an FB/EK as these will fit the FC body as well as fitting the HR front and rear wheel cylinders.

Ken
Richard
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2002, 11:11:18 AM »

We had an FC wagon from new until 1986 in the ACT.  I ended up with HR front and rear ends, plus 186 motor and diff centre from an HK.  All these mods I did while at school in the early 1970s so my mother could not drive it anymore.  It looked and sounded absolutely stock apart from alloy wheels, but it went like stink - a real sleeper.  Finally, it disappeared to Tasmania with 200,000 miles on it.  I only just gave away a full set of factory FC and EH shop manuals in pristine condition at Christmas.

The brake hose threads on the EJ and later cars are of a smaller diameter, and you would need adaptors at the wheel cylinders front and rear, available from any brake shop.
rossy
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2002, 08:52:55 AM »

:)thax guys the information you gave has helped me alot. when i come across any more problems i,ll be shure to give you guys call rossy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: