FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:18:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone heard of one of these? Didn't think so!!  (Read 4505 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2005, 08:05:50 AM »

Hi all.
Just found this one eBay. Must be a VERY rare item if I have never heard about it Shocked Shocked.
There WAS a clock available for the FC from Smiths which was square & mounted on the rear view mirror, but the one in this auction is apparently round. At only $650 it MUST be a bargain. Sorry, the fella can't supply photos though Roll Eyes

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32058&item=4534120508&rd=1

What do you fellas think!

Rob J
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 08:07:12 AM by 4hammers » Logged

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 08:29:18 AM »

Hi Rob,
There's another one of those "rare" clocks on eBay for $20 starting price  Wink They were only available in FCs with the "CANADIAN" Grin
ACE  Cool
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 09:11:57 AM »

Doh!!!!
I should have known to ask you! Trust me to forget about the "Canadian" option list.  Grin Grin There was a digital one available too, wasn't there???
Rob J

Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 01:19:35 PM »

When I saw this I thought that it could be a dud.  The spiel says its -ve feed.  In my book that means positive to earth which a lot of pommy cars around that time were - but not Holdens, we're negative to earth, so I don't reckon you'd be able to create a negative feed.

I don't reckon it's Holden.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but that's my interpretation.  What do you experts reckon - Ken, Dr Terry, Ace etc.?

Martin
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 01:22:05 PM by lewis1411 » Logged

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 09:26:14 PM »

Martin,

I'm with you, almost certainly suits a pommy car, and will probably be fried by the poor doofus that buys it when he wires it in and reconnects the battery. Roll Eyes

The original accessory was hand-wound, not electric.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 10:33:42 PM »

Hi guys.
There is another one that finished the other day. It was a Volvo "Keinzle" clock, that had been mounted in an EH dashboard. This guy was going on about how super rare this item was & how he had only ever seen this one. No wonder! Have a look in any mid seventies Volvo or SAAB & you will see plenty. Some poor "Newbie" bid on it, thinking he had a mega rare accessory.

Rob

fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 06:48:43 AM »

Tony Galea has  an original clock in his FC and he also has at least one other clock which he is trying to swap for a picnic shelf.The clock is mounted on the rear vision mirror and gets its power source from the interior light,run thru the headlining.He may be able to post a pic of it.

Cheers Geoff
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 07:21:06 AM »

Yep, that's the one. I have an advert in a magazine for it here somewhere. Along with a stack of other accessories, it was a big Xmas Accessory special.
Rob J

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 11:24:50 AM »

There was another accessory Smiths clock available. It mounted in a panel below the steering column with an oil guage. It too was rectangular, and I am not certain, but I believe the clock was the same as the mirror mount, but without the casing. I bought 1 of these sets brand new in the box and fitted it to my blue and white FC. Unfortunately it was stolen along with the car.
I later purchased another of these Smiths guage sets with temp and oil guages, and managed to get a similar Smiths clock to fit up.
I have pics somewhere that I can scan if anyone is interested in seeing them.
I currently have a round Smiths clock in my car that I bought new a few years ago. These are still probably available, I paid $120 at the time from Hardimans. Anyone want to buy my round 1 for $650?
Regards
Alex
PS. I think I have a pic of the mirror mount clock that Ken had in his FE Vanette somewhere also. This same clock may be 1 of the ones owned by Tony.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 11:27:07 AM by custom_fc » Logged

Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 01:20:56 PM »

There was another accessory clock available, that I've only seen in a 1955 Prefect.  It fits onto the rear view mirror and is mechanical, a chain hangs down which you pull back every week or so.

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 09:47:36 AM »

Yes the one Tony has is the same as the one I had in my van.  I have photos and fitting instructions which I will have at the Nats along with all my other photos.

Please come and see me and have a chat - the photos in my collection are at least 15 years work.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: