FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:46:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Prodigal son returns to the FC owners fold  (Read 5862 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2005, 10:35:45 AM »

Hi All.
Too excited to wait, I just have to tell someone. I have seen the light & am returning to the FE FC Holden owners fold! I have sold my XK Falcon & my new pride a joy (Or very soon to be), is another FC Wagon. I had been kicking myself for the last 6 months, as I have found I really missed the wagon & so had my wife & the 2 kids.
I have bought an original late 1958 FC Wagon, with lowish miles. It is that pale yellowish, creamy colour with the Black flash & tailgates. Bloody good condition, bog stock original & no rust that I can see. Just a buff, a couple of new lenses & off I go. The "Picnic Wagon Mk2".
I will post some photos as soon as I get some.
I am after some bits, so check the "Parts Wanted" section & if you can help, I would love you forever.

Regards,
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
TAYZ
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 11:13:25 AM »

Good on you Rob, hope you really enjoy the vehicle sounds like a nice one, cheers
                                                 TAYZ
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 11:21:40 AM »

Well done mate, this is one instance where you can say there is substitute for cubic inches, you've dropped 12ci but gained so much..........go the mighty grey Wink

Mike
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 11:23:26 AM »

Rob
That will teach you. All that buy , swap & sell in the endless effort to complete the cop cars has finaly caught up with you. Atleast you have succumb to your wife and kids wishes and have come back to the fold.
I hope you get as much enjoyment out of this wagon as you did the last one.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 11:11:45 PM »

Rob,

That's great to hear - sounds like a nice unit.  I'm looking forward to seeing some pics and the wagon itself at Philip Island!

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 02:00:42 AM »

Thanks fellas.
It was actually a very cunning plan, that took over 12 months to reap its rewards. I gave my old FC "Picnic Wagon" to my brother & bought the ford. That way, my wife & kids could see the wagon, but not utilise it the way we had once before. I have been waiting all this time for the right wagon to come up & now that it has, I mentioned to the family how it would be great to take it on a mainland trip, maybe over to see that big island off the bottom of Victoria, as we have missed the use of such a vehicle.
"Great idea" they exclaimed!!
So, I have now implemented plans to visit Phillip Island in 2006.
Hmmmmmmmmmm, I hear there may be some sort of car show on at that time Wink Grin

We will be there with bells on.

Rob J

HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 09:00:05 AM »

Rob
Nice to hear that you have seen the light and joined us back here at the good guys!! It would be great to see you at Phillip Island in the wagon for the 50th FE Anniversary nationals. Again welcome back and we will wait eagerly to see some photos.
Brett

Brett Gillard
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 12:22:16 PM »

Welcome back.
Now if we can only convince you to drop that blown grey into the wagon instead of the FB, that would be extra special.
Regards
Alex

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 09:06:30 PM »

Well, Alex,
funny you should say that. My mate & I were only talking about that last night. He still hasn't finished the motor for his race car, so doesn't need the blower for awhile, so I may try it in the new wagon. I will put the wide rims, baby moons & the Norman on & take it to one or 2 of the shows down here just to have some fun.

I will keep you informed.
Rob J Grin

Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 10:27:06 PM »

Rob,

We've talked about this.

Right concept, right model, wrong car!

I'm sure I can install it without scratching the paint!

Regards

Edward
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 04:40:35 PM »

Awww  Geeshhhh   Rob .......   (Norm say's while taking cover)
   Pity ya couldn't have kept the XK too , that was a VERY nice looking machine  :-/ , would have had the best of both worlds . But great news you've been able to get another nice FC .

Edward ? ?  what car you mean ? ?   Grin

Norm  Smiley    (Lover of ALL old cars regardless of the badge)

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 09:11:36 PM »

Glad to see you back were you should be Rob. Right here with the rest of us FE/FC lovers.
See you at Phillip Island in 06.

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2005, 05:51:41 AM »

Hi Guys.

Norm, yes, it was a bit hard to let it go, but when I saw my new baby, I could not resist. Anyway, it will be VERY close by. One of my Bakers bought it & I work with them everyday. We have agreed to swap cars when we get the urge to drive something different. So all is well.

Sarge,
Yes, Mate. I have had an itch since the day I let my wagon go to my Brother. He only lives next door now & I see it everyday, but that just made it worse. I will be there at the Island, NO DOUBT! Then you gys can see my super rare, period FC wagon annexe. Beautiful!

p.s. That babble about it being a "Cunning Plan" was just me being a fool Roll Eyes. No plans were laid Grin, it just happened.

Rob J

normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 03:59:30 PM »

Rob
  Good to see ya keepin an eye on it , and it's close  If you ever get the URGE & get it back  & you have a  "FC/XK" garage , woh , what a great combo  Grin

Norm  Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: