FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:27:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Flynns Wrecking Yard Cooma  (Read 2919 times)
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2005, 10:36:34 AM »

Hi guys,
Been working in Jindabyne this week and on the way back decided to stop at Flynns wrecking yard. Its the huge one on the RHS as you leave cooma for Jindabyne. This is the one that has acres of old cars, 30's 40's 50's I was chasing that elusive dress rim !
The crusher was in and they are getting rid of alot of cars. There is some FE & Fc's but they dont offer too much as they are nearly all sitting on the bodies on the ground.
It was a sad sight to see one of my favourite sources for parts being scrapped. Apparently they are tidying up and getting rid of some crap.

Found what I wanted at another wrecking yard in cooma !
Gotta love these country towns for parts !!

Cheers ChrisB Cool
craiga
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 10:53:41 AM »

Hi Chris,

Sad to hear that Flynn's is being 'cleaned up'

I remember dropping in a couple of years ago and there was an FC ute with a painted grille and blinkers. Very original and I would say very rare these days. Harko also got his two door delivery van from this yard.  Although the cars were on the ground generally they looked pretty sound, but well stripped.

Thanks for the update.

Look forward to catching up with you at the Nats.

Cheers,

Craig.
HARKO
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 02:53:55 PM »

I'll back that up mate ,The van when first looked at seemed worse for wear but sand blasting revealed a beautifull body fit for my grinder ,NO RUST just a great body .
I feel like the plastic surgeon of the car world - If it dont look perfect then its worth persuading.....
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 09:01:34 PM »

I would advise for anyone going to the nats via Cooma,allow an hour and a half and stop off and have a good look,well worth the visit.I only had 15 min on the way back to Merimbula,and my Family say i took more photos of the wreckers than the kids!

Cheers Geoff
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 07:24:13 AM »

Maybe with some 100-odd FE/FC fans heading to Cooma, the owner is clearing them all out so we're not tempted to stop in.... Roll Eyes
I know I was looking foward to seeing the ledgendary Flynns on my way to Jindabyne next month.... even if it will probably be closed on the Good Friday....

Cheers
Les...

Tailshaft_Tim
act-club

Model: FC

Holden Heaven

holdenorgau holdenorgau
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 11:02:46 AM »

Flynn's is indeed legendary.  My mate & I go trailbiking near Cooma every month and frequently visit the wrecking yard - looking for likely paddock cruisers (or new old Holden arrivals).

Haven't found any "going" old Holdens yet.  But latest acquisition was this jeep lookalike, got it cheap coz it had rolled in Jindabyne.  I think we had it about a month before we rolled it ourselves <ouch>
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 11:04:16 AM by Tailshaft_Tim » Logged

FE-HR Holden Owners Club ACT | http://www.oldgmh.org.au
Holden Heaven | Holden Enthusiasts Community | http://www.holden.org.au
Winnebago Baby | http://www.winnebagobaby.com
Facebook | http://www.facebook.com/holden.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: