FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:20:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Disc Brake Conversion  (Read 3667 times)
2utes

Yellow FC Ute

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2005, 07:02:49 AM »

Has anyone had experience with the disc brake conversion kits done by Castlemaine Rod Shop. I am thinking of putting them on my FC ute but would like to know if anyone on the site can recommend them or otherwise.

regards

John Busch
REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 10:55:03 AM »

I am a newbie (be kind) and thinking of doing the same thing.

Can anyone tell me where to find an old thread or previous discussion advising how to go about it.

cheers Kevin

1959 FC Holden Ute
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 06:12:59 AM »

There's an in-depth article on the subject in our Tech Info area here.  It describes the fitting of a HR f/e on an FE/FC, and was written by resident guru Ken.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 02:36:40 AM »

hi guys, if this helps, i recently fitted a CRS conversion kit to adapt commodore dics to a HR front end. kit bolts up pretty easy and neat using HR drum stub axles. not having tried any other systems i cant say how well this will work or or compare this with other set-ups.
the only problem i found was if your running 15in chaser rims like me you will have to get the offset changed as the commodore rims have a shallower offset.
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
fcstationsedan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 09:08:52 AM »

My understanding is that CRS have multiple kits available to suit early Holden drum brake stubs, late Commodore, HQ-WB and 4 cyl Commodore (which retain FC stud pattern and can fit some 13" wheels!). Choose the one that suits you best. From an engineering point of view it is a relatively simple plate adaption for the caliper and seals/bearings to fit the disc to your stub.

Dave
Former 1959 FC Station Sedan owner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: