FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:18:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: supercharged v8s 2 fcs-ek?  (Read 12555 times)
fcstationsedan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 01:28:29 PM »

Darcy ,do gooders are ruining this world ,Think outside the square ,read between the lines and dont let anyone stop you having fun - 90 percent of the population will try to mate.

Yep Darcy, don't listen to us world ruining 'do gooders' WTF would we know? Build the car the way you want, just don't expect to drive it on any public road in Victoria till you are 21. It will be a shitload of fun looking at in in the garage!

If Darcy has a death wish he will do it in one of a million ways and there aint nothing any of us can do about it , He just likes cool cars and wants to be different from you and I , And obviously is enjoying the youth we only live once Dads

I would have thought good advice was one thing we could do about it. You also only DIE once!

Dave
Former 1959 FC Station Sedan owner.
HARKO
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2005, 01:32:17 PM »

Im not planning to get this topic any more heated than needs be Dave but the whole deal in the first place is that you are talking to a 14 year old as you say ,Re read your postings then think how you would rewrite it in a form that a 14 year old will read it ,take note and digest it ....
Saying NO NO NO to a 14 yo dont work ,Saying yes you can fit a blower even if its only a dummy case that by the way will set him back around 1 - 200 bucks ,It drops in under the vision rule and would look sick mate !

Do gooders are people who do everything by the rules and preach them ,To me thats very narrow minded and we as a whole have lost too many fredoms over it because more times than not they are someone elses perceptions of what is right .Not yours

So looking back at the whole thread it seems that you are annoyed that Darcy wont be able to drive the car untill hes 21 - bloody rules huh ,Maybe if he finishes this project or any other that he moves on to before hes 21 his dad could drive it or he could make it an absoloute show stopper to register on his 21st birthday - Thatd be cool.
Hey we are only people mate with different outlooks and veiws Its just forcing the veiws that isnt needed.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2005, 08:59:13 PM »

Harko, Dave may not have time to read this response as he is having some "freedom issues" over at Hot-Rod Internet.
http://www.hot-rod.com.au/benchracing/
Long story short, the ASRF National Administrator is apparently taking legal action against the host and 10 members of the discussion board.

craiga
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2005, 02:08:47 AM »

Stinky,

Thanks for posting this link.  As someone who has copped bullsh*t legal threats a few times in the past year I can definately see Dave's point.

How does this affect RET and others who administrate and post on this forum if Darcy takes Harko's advice and stuffs a blown 350 in his car - and then wraps it round a pole?

Doesn't matter if Harko's advice was well meaning - which knowing Harko it was - but bringing court action into a web forum is PISS WEAK and extremely sad.

All power to you Dave - just remember two words - TRUTH and KARMA - because they will always catch up with these a-holes.

Cheers,

Craig.

** Sorry for the thread hijack **
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 02:11:46 AM by craiga » Logged
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2005, 12:11:08 AM »

hey guys goin back on this post

why even bother posting shit like this

i believe my question was i am already probably putting in a sbc . i wasnt  asking should i  use a supercharger it was meant to be what would be the outcome, what work goes into it
etc etc

in the end i would of ended up doin what i wanted to and with the amount of which i could afford at the time

hope this settles the steam

darcy
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 12:12:30 AM by torquefc » Logged

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
craiga
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2005, 03:09:29 AM »

hi, darcy here

im doin ek as some of u have read ive got my 307 with full portings and matching performer manifold and im still wonderin whether to bother buying the supercharger

any1 got some ideas of what work i put into it

Ummm, likewise!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 03:17:19 AM by craiga » Logged
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2005, 02:02:48 AM »

hey

if it came out that way it wasnt meant to as i expressed in mi last post

thanks
darcy

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
fcstationsedan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2005, 06:51:09 PM »

Im not planning to get this topic any more heated than needs be Dave but the whole deal in the first place is that you are talking to a 14 year old as you say

Heated? I thought it was a debate? The only time it gets heated is when people call others 'soft cocks' or 'do gooders' with no understanding of why they have given that advice and have no idea of who they are talking to. So what is the difference b/w 14 and 84? Do you think he is an idiot because he is young and should be spoken to differently? There is only ONE way to say it, the TRUTH. I cannot remember saying no, no, no. I did say that you could technically do just that, but gave my advice based on Victorian Laws and Darcy's age. Hey I don't make the bloody laws. If Darcy wants to spend big dollars on a car he cannot drive that is his business! At least someone told him beforehand. If he chooses to accept or ignore any advice is a decision for him.

Do gooders are people who do everything by the rules and preach them ,To me thats very narrow minded and we as a whole have lost too many fredoms over it because more times than not they are someone elses perceptions of what is right .Not yours

Do gooder? Do everything by the rules? You sure as hell don't know me. I believe in telling people how it is, that's it. It is not 'preaching', it is the truth. Nothing narrow minded about it. I know all about 'lost freedoms' and truth is the first thing that goes. The only way you can register any street car these days is 'by the rules' end of story. That is just how it is.

So looking back at the whole thread it seems that you are annoyed that Darcy wont be able to drive the car untill hes 21

Why would I be annoyed? It is not my hard earned money. I was trying to stop him from being annoyed.

Hey we are only people mate with different outlooks and veiws Its just forcing the veiws that isnt needed.

I am not forcing my view, I am reiterating the current Vic law for those that don't know it or seem to have a problem understanding the implications of it. Darcy can ignore it and do whatever he wants in the end but does so at his own peril.

How does this affect RET and others who administrate and post on this forum if Darcy takes Harko's advice and stuffs a blown 350 in his car - and then wraps it round a pole?

Would you even want to risk taking on the legal system to find out? That is why I said some need to have a bit more of a responsibility toward young guys starting out. 'Rebels' are being legislated out of existence!

bringing court action into a web forum is PISS WEAK and extremely sad.

Welcome to the new world! Even more reason why we have to be careful what we say and sometimes agree to disagree. I still maintain that a SBC powered early Holden doesn't drive as good as a Red 6 one but nobody has to agree with me. It is just my opinion and I have as mush right to express it as you do to disagree with it.

To save you 10-15 g's and a lot of heartache. And Darcy any SBC (even a 283) will be illegal for you to drive on 'P's in an early Holden, but hey when you turn 18 it is YOUR driver's licence not mine. The good news is that if you are building a drag car or just trailering it to shows you can happily ignore everything I have said!
Dave

Dave
Former 1959 FC Station Sedan owner.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2005, 11:49:09 PM »

Well said, Dave.

Speaking generally (not necessarily in relation to darcy's sbc plans etc):

This HRI business has me extremely concerned about the ramifications of the naive taking ill-considered or incorrect advice from this site and subsequently endangering the lives of themselves or others.

Whether or not this site, the clubs, the admin (me) or the poster could be in any way liable is unknown, but I for one don't want to be put in the position where I have to find out.

When youngsters get killed on the road driving too fast or dangerously, it is human nature for their parents and loved ones to look for someone to blame.  Yes, it's liability gone mad, and yes it's the responsibility of the person doing the mods to make sure they're legal, but it's a fact of life that people need to blame someone when things go wrong, and there's plenty of ambulance-chasing lawyers only too happy to test the law.  I'm sure you've heard the ads on the radio: "Have you or has someone you know been injured in an accident?  You may be entitled to thousands or more in compensation!  Call me, call me now" etc.  And I sure as hell don't want to be the one on the end of that.  That's why I often sound like a soft-cock, or do-gooder, I guess.  I'd much rather be a do-gooder than a defendant.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2005, 08:54:32 AM »

I know what you mean as it is pretty perfetic what people are suing for these days and one of the highest payed professions these days is ripping of the innocant with twisted lies and exageration.
however, if you check out sites related to late model four cylinder turbo 4wd cars you are sure to come across the topic of drifting. this is like the in thing for ricer boys, not all can do it, most try to and some drift too far wich is why when you see the cars on the news and in the paper they are wrapped around things from the high speed sideways impact.
what I mean is that this forum is one of the mildest , safest i have seen even if we are encouraging young people to put v8's in to old holdens, if we didn't they would think old holden people are a bunch of soft cocks and in turn go for the mainstream drifting ricer stuff wich is seriously deadly.
building a machine in your shed for years builds to much pride and respect in your car to do anything to silly and dangerous.
picking up a new subaru on finance and doing a few "mods" is a lot different to creating your dream over years in the shed and I think we would be doing the right thing to encourage todays youth to stay the f*#k away from the stuff the majority of them are into before someone knocks a pole onto one of our own houses.
we we won't be doing this by saying" keep it standard son", we will just scare em off.
btw, tourquefc just did all that work on his manifold, i dont think he will want to rush out and start again with another manifold to suit a blower.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: