FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:11:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1955 Ford International  (Read 3540 times)
happycamper2233

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2005, 04:14:36 AM »

I have been interested in resoring cars/trucks for awhile, and since my Dad has a 1955 Ford International, which could use some restoring(he is an aircraft mechanic, so when he has free time he doesnt like to spend it fixing things:)). My basic question is, where/how do I start. Do I start with the body, engine, windows, and how do i tell if a part needs restoring? I can tell with the body, it has some rust, so that needs restoring, I am more concerned with the engine parts since I am not the most knowledgable and I only know a part needs restored/replaced if it isnt working, and i only know that by experiencing it. Also, any ideas where I can find parts for it?
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 04:44:44 AM »

Gday Happy Camper.  Restoring a car can be a big job, and we all have to start somewhere.  If your knowledge of vehicles is limited, I would suggest that, even if your dad doesn't want to fix the Ford up, that you should at least get him involved in the appraisal and planning stages (he is a mechanic after all).
Where you start is determined by many factors- do you want to get it running & registered? do you want to do a ground up resto, leaving it in the shed until it is all finished?  do you have a panel beating brother who can do this for you now for nothing?
Perhaps you could read a few articles in magazines, or go along to a club in your area (remember this is a holden club site Wink).  Talk to dad and take it from there.  Good luck and happy restoring Kiss

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Shayne
qld-club

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 05:04:04 AM »

???What does a 1955 Ford International look like Huh

Does anyone have a picture to post, or is it a bit like a Kenworth Mack, or a Mitsubishi Ford? :-/

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 05:08:51 AM »

1955 International Fire Truck

1955 Ford

fcstationsedan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 08:12:07 AM »

Okay I am confused. What is a 1955 Ford International? Since International was a truck brand totally unrelated to Ford I cannot see Ford ever using the name and I have never heard of it.  That leaves Customlines, Mainlines, Sunliners, T-Birds, F series trucks and maybe Anglia and Prefect if it was english. A picture would be good.

Dave
Former 1959 FC Station Sedan owner.
Dave_EH

Keep on Holden' on

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 09:03:30 AM »

I've seen an International Scout - they look a bit like an F100, but never heard of a Ford International.

The web has nothing at all that matches...

Prototype?  Grin

Dave
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 03:17:00 AM »

... with a Canadian block no doubt ...  Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: