FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 07:28:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: seatbelt bolts in pillar  (Read 2001 times)
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2005, 12:50:03 PM »

I want to put my seatbelt bolt heads inside the pillar, does anyone have any pics of the bolt inside the pillar and what ever reinforcement was used. also any tips or advice on the job that may be helpfull.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 02:22:09 PM »

Great explanation and pic's inn "the long road to Jindabyne" (page two) ??
maybe something in there to help?
Matt
MikeM
wa-club

My v6 "upgrade" was about better brakes :(

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 01:50:21 PM »

My engineer explained to me that it needs be a 3mm plate at least 175mm2.  The thread must be at least as deep as the bolt is wide.

I used a length of 3mm plate, quite long (well over 175mm2) and cut the pillar to get it in.  If you havnt got the hood lining in, I believe that you can slide it down the pillar from the top.

A small cut at the base behind the rubber is worth looking at for this.

Just my experience, but check with your engineer.
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 02:22:03 PM »

175mm2 doesnt sound big enough from what I was told when I did mine. The plate that I put in the pillar was 55 x 70 mm giving 3850 sq mm by 5mm thick. this is the minimum size that I had to put under my seats and also for the bolt oints to the floor.

I got the grade 8 seat belt nuts and welded them to the back of the plate first, then cut the appropriate slots in the side of the pillar to fit.

I then drilled 4 holes in the pillar around where the seat belt bolt would go through, this was so that I could weld the back plate into place.

Placed the plate in place, welded it up to the pillar and then filled in the slot after the engineers was happy that I had done the right thing.

Hope this helps.

Jason.  Smiley

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: