FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:18:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Panelvan For Sale  (Read 29919 times)
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2004, 12:42:40 AM »

1959 FC Panelvan

$8,500 - registered in NSW - 12 months

$7,950 - no registration (suit interstate purchaser)

Original windowless van, with grey motor.

Engineered HR disc front and drum rear update (ie It stops!)

Restored approximately 10 years ago by a previous owner.

Very reliable and in excellent condition.

Contact Edward, 0408 200 299
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 02:16:35 AM by Fast_Eddie » Logged
joker2
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 02:41:11 PM »

Hi Ed,
        please advise whether your van is still for sale?

Thanks

Mark
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 08:21:15 PM »

My van is still for sale.
keithu
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 10:54:05 AM »

hey ED ill swap u my hd  std one owner classic holden  in excellent condition for your van  HD is registered and is excellent interested mate  Tongue
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 11:05:33 AM »

Keith,

Thanks for the offer, but I'll decline at this time.

Sounds like an impressive car though.

Regards

Edward
keithu
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 11:28:36 AM »

no worries ED it is its a real gem mate  any how good luck with the van mate cheers keith.
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 12:02:56 AM »

Hey Ed,

Can you send me some pics please... The I have been asked to find a Van for someone I play cricket with.

It is also in his price range.

Any other info you could give me would be great.

Thanks
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 12:27:29 AM »

Jason,

The pictures that you see on this post are all that I have currently. If you send me your email by PM I can take some more this weekend, if you specify exactly what you want to see.

I have owned the van for approximately 18months.

It was restored in the early 90's in Sydney, and has been well maintained since.

It has had new ball joints, gearbox extension housing seal and the tailshaft was balanced and fitted with new universals.

The vehicle has a grey motor and crash box, but the braking and suspension has been updated to HR specs, discs front and drums rear. These modifications have an engineer's certificate.

The paint is acrylic, in very good condition. Chrome is also very good as are tyres.

Interior is good, however the hoodling in the cabin needs replacing, and the front seat is from a Special, not the standard commerical type.

Not included in the sale at the stated price is the Airchief, grille badge or Wisconia guages, however all are negotiable to a prospective purchaser.

The car drives very well, is reliable and is a good example of a windowless van. I have done very little to the car other than that stated, and it is in no way comparable to the standard of your van, or for that matter the wagon I'm restoring.

I have too many cars that are unsuitable for "family motoring", so I decided to sell this one as it doesn't get used.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Regards

Edward

JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 08:45:13 AM »

Hey Ed,

I spoke to Linden at cricket today and he has become a member of the site, so hopefully he will get in touch with you...

The van sounds pretty good to me though, wish I had some spare cash.

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
linden88

linden

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 09:38:11 AM »

hey

i am just checking out your fc would you be able to send me some more pics and give me a few more details about the car

cheers linden
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 11:28:20 AM »

Linden

If you read the thread above, you will see that I have described the car in some detail. Please feel free to ask me any other specific questions you may have.

I can take more photographs this weekend. Anything in particular?

Regards

Edward
linden88

linden

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 12:33:06 PM »

hey

yeah i read it sounds good if you could the interior in the front and the motor please

cheers
joker2
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005, 03:21:14 AM »

does it have much bog in it Ed?  I would also appreciate some more photos .........
Is the underneath original, or has it had rust repair work done?

What would need to be done to drive it to Perth?
I maybe able to get one of the West Aussie Jindabyne crew to drive it over here  Grin Grin

Please email photos to mark@vintagecaravans.com

My partner Jenni wants it ........we have a windowless van, but its a resto job ......she's too impatient  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Mark

Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 03:28:43 AM »

What would need to be done to drive it to Perth?

Open the door, sit in the front seat, turn the ignition, enagage a gear and accelerate. For the first half of the journey make sure the sea is behind you. Occassionaly stop for fuel, food, sleep etc.  Grin

I'll get the photos and further details sorted this weekend.
joker2
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 05:02:28 AM »

wow Cheesy  I am impressed .......I only warrant my cars to the first corner from home when I sell them  Grin Grin Grin

Actually the sea is very much hanging out the left window on the trip to WA ......sometimes very much "in your face"  Shocked Shocked

Looking forward to the pics & details,

Mark
Dave_EH

Keep on Holden' on

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005, 08:49:03 AM »

Mark,
 Just looked at your webpage... I am in awe.  Very cool.

Regards
Dave
linden88

linden

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 11:39:09 AM »

hey

i was just wondering if you could send me a few more pics of your car of the interior and the motor please

cheers linden
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 12:32:45 PM »

Linden & Mark

I picked up the panelvan this weekend from where it has been stored for the past few months.

It's pretty dirty and dusty at the moment, so I only took a couple of photographs. I am going to have it detailed next weekend, so I can put more photos up, including the cabin.

General assessment is as follows:

The car drives beautifully. The grey motor has been freshened up in the last couple of years, and it has extractors as well, which provide a little more power and a nice exhaust note. It kicked over straight away, and ran very smoothly as I drove it across town to my shed. The HR discs also ensure it stops well.

The engine bay is neat, as per the following photograph, and the motor has an alloy rocker cover. A brake booster has also been fitted to assist the disc brake conversion.

The overall condition of the paint is very good, and it will only improve after a buff next week. I'd say it has been painted in the last five years.

Chrome is excellent, with the only issues being a minor dent in the bottom piece of the grille, and pitting of the diecast head light rims.

The front floor pans on each side have been replaced, and the bottom of the A-pillars have seen some work, completed to an acceptable standard. It looks like it has had a complete NOS front floor crossmember installed when the floors were done (The one that the handbrake attaches to) as there is no patching or plating which is common to this area.

The driver's sill requires some attention, it appears to have had some repairs at some stage which are showing through.

The balance of the body is very good. The gutters are excellent, particularly the section over the tailgate hinges which is often prone to rust. The windowless sides are original and straight.

Spare wheel area is fine, and the door is steel and rust free.

Panel fit around the cowl, door and guard isn't as close as I'd like, probably because the guard or cowl has been repaired in this area at some stage. Most people don't notice it though.

The cabin interior is a little bit shabby at the moment. The seat is from a Special, and although firm, is faded. The carpet is old, and as I mentioned before, the headlining could do with replacement. The windlacing has unravelled in a couple of areas.

After it is detailed next week, I'll continue to fix up bits and pieces such as the interior until such time it is sold, or I decide I want to keep it.

I hope this provides further details for you both,

Regards

Edward

joker2
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 05:17:48 AM »

Thanks Edward for your honest assessment of the car .....I look forward to more pics as mentioned above.

and thanks Dave for your positive feedback on the vintage caravan website.

Cheers

Mark
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 05:18:29 AM by joker2 » Logged
linden88

linden

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 09:57:09 AM »

hey

thanks for the pictures and the details i asked for helped me out heaps looking forward to seeing a few more pics but yer thanks for the feedback

cheers linden
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: