FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:44:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My old girl...  (Read 5178 times)
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« on: February 19, 2002, 10:44:01 AM »

This is a pic of my old FC Sedan... not as fancy to look at as some of the beauties that appear on these pages, but I like her.... Smiley

I bought it from Cronulla nearly 4 years ago and drive her around almost daily. I gave her a quick paint touch-up for the 50th Anniversary in Melboune in '98.... and apart from a busted motor a few years back Embarrassed, this old girl has been great to drive around...

Cheers...  
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 10:00:40 AM by Hewart » Logged

air-chief

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2002, 12:21:59 AM »

G'day Hewart

Is your old girl a single colour special? or is it two shades very similar to each other?

Regards
air-chief Cool
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2002, 09:49:53 AM »

Hey air-chief...

No, its a single colour Special.... On the body identification plate under the bonnet there is no other colour number in the "top" space... only the Adobe Beige number next to "paint".... It's tempting sometimes to paint an extra colour in the flash (even like the colour combo of collaride'd 3-tone would look good), but I like it original looking as well....  

Ken McLean had a few interesting article about single-colour specials afew years back in his Victorian newsletter... so there are a few of them around.....

Cheers...

HARKO
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 12:01:02 PM »

Put some White wall's on her Hew ,,I mean whats a girl in her wedding whites without the white shoes to match..
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 07:14:52 AM »

G'day all...

My old FC was "on the set" of a short film last month. The film will show in colour and should appear at a few of the short-film festivals around the place over the coming months.... I think it was called "It's just not cricket" or something along those lines, and is a comedy about a young bloke who lived next door to his best mate and they played a lot of cricket.... My car was just used as a prop to set the era of the 50s along with the old clothes and house. I'm not even sure how much of my old girl, if any, will actually appear in the film, but if you hear of it around I'd be keen hear about it so I can have a look.... Anyway, here are a couple of pics from the day.....

Cheers....
Les....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 10:01:02 AM by Hewart » Logged

normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2002, 09:52:58 AM »

Hi Les,
         Your old girl "might not be as fancy as some of the othe beauties"  but who did the film crew come to see when they wanted an "original"   Roll Eyes   Don't apologise she's a nice car.    Wink

(Buut  we could  lower it a little , put on wider wheels , flare the guards, bigger motor , chop the top ,green paint with flames "for gree & Harko" , bucket seats    Grin )

But most important is she's an  FC   (sorry RET same shape)

Norm   d
« Last Edit: October 22, 2002, 09:54:25 AM by normd » Logged

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2002, 09:29:00 AM »

Les,
I went out and saw a original 63000 mile car in the same color scheme as your car today in essendon. It was a beautiful old thing very original and for sale as the old guy is unable to drive it anymore. It had perfect paint, chrome,interior and it still runs great it was a thrill to see such a well loved original car

Brett Gillard
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2002, 07:17:58 AM »

Well done Les, she looks fantastic. Grin
Cat

Zoom zoom!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)