FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:07:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fe front guard  (Read 4038 times)
mike

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2002, 12:22:26 AM »

i have at the moment a front right hand guard that i believe is of off a fe but cannot be sure as i found it sitting in the back of a fc wagon but the guard doesnt have any blinker holes at all and i have checked and they havent been patched over does any one know more about these.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 01:06:20 AM »

Mike,

It's off an FE that wasn't a Special Sedan or Station Sedan.  The Standard models, utes and panel-vans all had no indicators ex factory.  Here's one here:

The same applied to the FCs, but their indicator lenses were integral to the grille, and the parking lights were in them even if the indicators weren't actually fitted.  The FE parkers are in the headlights, of course.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2002, 07:08:47 AM »

A further comment to Richards is that I have a mudguard as well with no blinker holes AND no holes for the guard stripe either.  So this guard cannot be off a standard model FE.  I think as GMH went into the 60's still making new guards for FE & FC as spare parts, they decided to eliminate all holes so they could be ordered as one part and then fitted to either an FE or an FC as required.  The guard I have was fitted to a ute, but there is some indication that it was a not the original guard on the car.   If your guard has the guard stripe holes - it is as Richard suggests, if not - then it is probably a replacement mudguard from the 60's

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: