FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:56:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The FC rebuild no.3 nearing completion  (Read 8913 times)
bent8-58

The older it gets-the slower it was!

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2004, 04:00:36 AM »

Just thought  l'd send in a few shots of the sedan,my mate sent a few in a while back  at the Brisbane hot rod show with his red & cream FC wagon,its still not finished due to lack of funds & time ,but its getting closer (lthink)
                                                           Darryl

I LOVE CATS.....BUT I CANT EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF.
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 06:32:20 AM »

Wow.
Love the colours.
Very clean.
Looks done to me.
Regards
Alex

-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 06:35:40 AM »

awsome colours (what are they?)
very nice lookin serious piece of kit
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 06:56:42 AM »

very very nice machine.

Wagg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 09:57:19 AM »

Hey Man,
Photos come through pretty damn good.  I believe it was worth the few hours spent working it out on a rainy day.  The photos do the car justice.  Should get the 2 cars together sometime for a shot. Wink
Dave

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy
wylie58

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 10:44:35 AM »

SENSATIONAL

i wish mine was still not finished like this one

John
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 01:12:17 PM »

darryl      very impressive Cool...build no. 3...youve had it a while??
cheers trev

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 11:17:10 PM »

.verrrrry sweet looking car daryl.  love the colour scheme
it inspires more to extract the digit and finish mine.
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 12:57:05 AM »

Very nice looking car hope we will be able to see it at the nationals
WAYNE
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2004, 10:59:31 AM »

Thanks guys for your very flattering replies!Yes I've had it a little while-20 long,hard,frustrating years! I bought it when I was 14 years old for $100(back then if it wasn't a EH or a FJ they weren't in demand)complete with a brush paint-job in good old house paint. But it was good enough to drive it home!It was painted the current colours in 1987 & has been touched up a few times since,the back is Brittany blue & the rest is supposed to be a Honda silver ,it needs stripping & repainting to get rid of a lot of little gremlins,but I dont care,I'm sick of it being shed furniture,I want to uze it & cruze it!

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2004, 09:53:19 PM »

I want to uze it & cruze it!

Good for you!

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2004, 10:58:24 PM »

what a beasty.

smoothhhhh....

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2004, 11:33:35 AM »

Hey ed!
   Thanks for your comments,you picked the ONE word I've had in mind since I started this time round--smoooth! I had to have a chuckle  that you picked it out!!! I have to say I've thoroughly enjoyed your regular progress shots on the wagon,I look forward to each "installment", love what you've done so far, a real credit to you! LOVE the louvered bonnet-I'd like to find one as a spare for my sedan.                 Daz.

slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »

Contact HARKO , For the louvered bonnet . His the MAN. I have seen his work.

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2004, 10:03:11 PM »

Love ur work too Daz,

Harko's louvres are top notch, highly recommended even though louvres are a bugger to prep and paint (of no reflection of Harko's top workmanship tho).

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 10:02:01 AM »

Gaday guys,
l was just looking at what my FC looked like when it was in one piece!So l thought l'd give you a bit of a update.The engine bay has been painted again,the motors painted,l polished the inlet manifold(never again-theres 3 weeks of my life l'll never get back!)& got it HPC'd,most of the interior is back in,the steering column is in, its all happening too slowly because THE BIG DAY IS GETTING CLOSER!!!!!  l've got a week off in September for our wedding anniversary,& the plan was(IS) to get the car passed & certified so l can drive the friggin thing! lts been shed furniture & dust-attracter  8)for way too long!!!
So that means that all the rest of it has to get put back together in 1 month,then in that week on Sat. the exhaust gets done,on Mon. the front-end gets sorted out,balanced & aligned then Wed./Thurs. it goes to see if it all passes.  Whooooo  boy!  A lot more cold nights out in the shed yet l think,considering the motor is yet to be fired & the car is yet to move this time round.

njf690

heya

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 04:55:57 PM »

HI JUST A FEW QUESTIONS WHAT STEERING COLUMN AND STEERING DID YOU USE AND RADIATOR IN YOU REBUILD IF YOU DONT MIND. CHEERS
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 01:15:51 PM »

Hey bent8
Did the car see the road as planned?
How about an update.
Regards
Alex

bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 09:27:03 AM »

Hey guys!
 Look l'm really sorry for taking so long to reply, l'm not real flash on the computers& l was under the impression that there was some sort of indication that l had some replies to my  old posts, maybe l did, the last couple of months have been a bit of a blur,its entirely possible l just missed them!
 To answer your questions the steering column is mostly UC torana(l wanted as much stuff off the dash & on the column to make room for gauges)although l had to modify a bit under the dash to clear the ignition switching mechanism. The coffee pot & other top housings are partly UC & HG to get it to look like it was meant to be there!
 The steering rack is a old Hadfield rack (shortened Torana)but one day when l have some money l want to change it ,theres a guy up here who uses a VN comm.(l think) & you get excellent lock & no bump-steer.
 The radiator is a bit of a mission too,l wanted it to fit in & under the bonnet lock panel & after passing out from a few quotes on getting a alum. radiator made, l sourced one from the states, its a universal ally.  nascar radiator for a Chev.l picked the widest one of 3 sizes so l could cut it down in height. l then TIG welded the bottom of the tanks,moved the lower outlet & made mounts for it,what a @#$**& of a job, l used to do a lot of ally. TIG welding & of course being my own it was one of the worst jobs l've had to do! Bloody typical!!!!
 OK Alex,your turn!
 l dont know if you saw my other posts after the depressing fail on the brake test.(see anyone else own a possessed FC!)  After that l realised l needed a break( & a life!-for a while anyway)which is what l've done (& as much as l hate to admit it -l thoroughly enjoyed not working on it for a while) l took it for a run last Sunday & amongst other things l got keen to continue( see l got some MOTORvation the other day -for the full story)Afetr all the braking problems l had now the m/cyl resevoir has a crack or split in it which has done its thing on the nice new engine bay paint!(everyone else tells me its minor)so that has to be fixed hopefully this week & l'm in the process of changing a few of the seat-belt bolts at the moment until l can get another resevoir.So we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks. Dont worry if it all gets passed youll know about it!!!!!!(So will my neighbours!!!) Thanks for your interest.   Daz.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: