FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:51:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT RIM SIZE ?  (Read 5561 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2004, 01:23:08 AM »

I've searched this site for info, but couldn't find what I was looking for , so hence another new thread....

I'm hoping someone can tell me what is the max size rim can I fit to my FC Sedan with HR Front end ?

There is a majoy lack of choice when it comes to choosing 14 inch rims, where as if I step up to a 15inch rim, the choices are almost endless, but I don;t want the wheels to rub on the guards of hit the standard steering arms ect.

Oh year.....the car is lowered about 1.5 inches !

Any help and pics, much appreicated

Cheers

Mark
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 02:42:01 AM »

Mark,
2Brite has 205/65x13 on HR 6x13 inch rims on the std front end and has lowered HR springs with 1 coil cut off.
Rear is std height and the side wall just scrapes the  inner rear lip.

Seb

Yellow Knight

Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 02:54:41 AM »

Thanks for that Seb, although I was more keen on fitting 14's or 15's than the standard 13's....interesting to note that your 13's still rub....maybe a set of 195 tyres could fix that Huh

Cheers

Mark
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 05:55:19 AM »

For what it is worth below is a fantastic tyre/rim size calculator, put in the original size tyres and then up the rim size on the comparison, you can even check for width!
Hope this helps
Matt

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 11:12:43 AM »

Hi Guys...It's been awhile since I've been on here... well a long while... i do miss catching up with you all and your projects, help and inspiration ... been building my house so the FE Holden has been in storage...I really want it on the road so much that when I see a FE or FC driving or in pics it starts to hurt  Cry

I know this is a very old thread and thanks for the link to calculate sizes.... but I'm still not sure if  205(215??)/50/16 would fit without any mods or rubbing Huh

Can someone help me please  Huh

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 12:47:47 PM »

Such a lot of variables. I ran 14”x6” HT rims on stock height EK front.  205/65/14 rubber.  On lock the edge of the tyre caught the guard on a bump and pulled the lip out. Rolled the guard with multi grips. No more issues.

Generally six inch rim is the widest you can maintain legal track (stock plus 25mm). This is for 13 and 14” but I think you would need something like 17” to clear top ball joint so you can widen inwards.

People that run sevens on front generally put up with fouling on guard edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FireKraka

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 01:31:29 PM »

Hi FE 4 ME
I run 185 x 60 x 15 on the front of my FC Sedan and 195 x 60 x 15 on the back, the front has standard height HR springs and CRS drop Spindles with no fowling my EK Ute is going to run 195 x 50 x 16 up front and 205 x 50 x 16 on the back; I think the most important thing to worry about is getting the offset of your rims right.
 and as others have said there are a lot of different variables out there.

Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: