FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 07:21:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 5 speed with bench in EK- Yes...hopefully  (Read 1911 times)
cammo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2004, 01:36:17 AM »

Hi All, don't know if people will be interested, but I am in the process of fitting a Supra to the old EK (I know its not an FC/E, but a close relative!).

I purchased the Dellow 14" forward shifter and this puts the shifter almost 6" in front of the bench seat - in the rearmost position. (I only use this position and know rego will require the shifter to clear the seat in the forward posi)

In the forward posi it clears, only just. May look at limiting the travel of the seat or shifting the seat mounts backwards if it is an issue, I was thinking about moving it back before as I have long legs and dont like the steering wheel so close.

I am planning on using a bent shifter like a one tonner and all is looking good. I will post some pictures if anyone is interested.

I used a CRS chassis kit and hump for all this.

Just excited, cause many people i have spoken to said it is impossible to do, but it is looking sweeeeeet......so far.

Cheers

Cammo  

oldgmh

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 08:43:30 AM »

A bent shifter is the way to go ... I've seen lots of them and they seem to work fine.

good luck
Earlee.
Kermit

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 10:13:38 AM »

Cammo,
I am about to undertake fitting HR Front end to my EK Ute, and will likely go further by installing Celica 5 Speed box. Having not done this before and with limited Mechanical expertise i would welcome any info / pictures you can supply
Good Luck
Rgds
Mick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: