FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 01:09:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: is it Legal  (Read 3596 times)
davids_ute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2004, 06:12:58 AM »

need some help. My fc ute has never had indicators or seat belts fitted. I have overcome the indicator problem(thanx Ret) but not sure on whether(?) i have 2 fit seatbelts if they have never been fitted b4  the vic roads web site doesnt seem to help me
                                                            regards david :-/
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 08:24:28 AM »

Hi David,I dont think you need seatbelts to re register a car or to get a RWC.It would be best to speak to the mechanic who is going to do the RWC.
Same as side mirrors,you dont need them to re register because they didnt come standard.
When i re registered my FE ute,with enertia seat belts,the mechanic said they didnt come under his inspection because they where not standard equiptment,he said it is an automotive engineers issue?

Cheers Geoff
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 08:59:50 AM »

David,

Don't know about other states but in NSW there is no requirement to fit belts into cars manufactured pre 1964? provided that no huge modifcations have taken place.

However if belts have been retro fitted or fitted as an accessory into these vehicles then they have to be maintained.

Regards, Gary
davids_ute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 12:00:19 PM »

thanx guys have taken it on board, will speak to rw mechanic and see what he says Grin
                                                             thanks david
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 07:16:35 PM »

David
I am sure that if the car is pre 1964 you do not have to fit seat belts if they have not been fitted before of course that is your choice to make but if you want a untouched original car so to speak you are not required to fit them regardless of what the mechanic says.
good luck
Brett

Brett Gillard
meeky

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 09:05:56 AM »

David,

The actual requirements are detailed in a Vicroads Vehicle Standards Information Summary. Of course, the actual requirements are so difficult to locate, they remain pretty much open for negotiation depending on who does your roadworthy.

For the record only-

Vehicle Standards indicate that vehicles built after 1/1/51 require a minimum of lap belts on the outer sides of the front seat. This doesn't change until you get to vehicles manufactured after 1/1/69, where a minimum of lap/sash belts on the outer sides of the front seats and a lap belt in the centre is required. Rear seat belts aren't required until you get to vehicles manufactured after 1/1/71.

There is a compounding grey area in all this. The above-mentioned requirements apply to passenger cars (VICROADS category MA). If you can argue that a utility is a Light Goods Vehicle (VICROADS category NA) then seat belts aren't required at all in vehicles manufactured before 1/1/71.

Clear as mud isn't it.
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 11:04:13 AM »

in Queensland its called Pre Compliance so if car had no seat belys fitted from factory then they dont have to be put in,but if someone has installed them you cant take them out and you are compelled to keep them in good order or replace with better ones if they ware out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: