FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:27:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Stromberg Carbs  (Read 7566 times)
chris stokes
« on: December 09, 2001, 12:50:56 PM »

Greetings

After some time in mothballs, I am building a ( new ) motor for my FC sedan. I have had it for about 14 years and have the whole mechanical thing quite well sorted for this new grey motor. I have 2 sets of carbies , triple 1 and 1/4 su's, and twin strombergs. I am leaving the triples for now and would like to know if any body has a "recipe" for the jetting of these strombergs. They are the original type.

The motor is a touch over 138 cu, has an Ivan Tighe 25/65 camshaft. The head is pretty full on, with big polished ports, chevrolet v8 valves and double valve springs. It also has steel exhaust extractors.

I know the stromberg jets are easily changed ( with the special tool ) , and that I may need to make adjustments for optimum performance, but I do not know what is a good combination to start with. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Chris.
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2001, 08:44:44 AM »

Cool HI CHRIS
    MY CAR RUNS A MILD GREY MOTOR WITH TWIN STROMBERGS.MAIN JETS ARE 48
                 POWER VALVES 70
   CARBYS ALSO HAVE VENTURI RESTRICTORS INSTALLED
   HOPE THIS HELPS.
   REGARDS ACE
Cheesy
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2001, 08:37:07 AM »

Hi Chris
Give American Auto Parts in Homebush a ring. They use to sell a twin stromberg kit for greys years ago and had a recommended jet size for the carbs (grey motor carbs). Sorry, I can't find my copy of what sizes to use.

Another alternative is to use the stock manifold, port the throat and re-stud it, to suit a 202 carb. This is what the old Appendix J racers use to do,  it works well and is easy to do. Plus with a modified oil bath filter on the carb, it still looks stock.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Tony  Grin

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: