FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:40:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Vanett  (Read 2381 times)
rob_jensen

Vanette's Rule

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2001, 05:06:47 AM »

I have a 58 FC Van that was converted to a Vanett when new by fitting side rear wagon windows & sliding windows where the rear seat would be fitted . I would be interested in contacting any one else who may have the same or  knowing any details on numbers converted and how many still exist.
Mine is origial un restored mint green with green interia, But requiring restoring.
Rob
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2001, 10:26:59 AM »

G'day Rob...

I don't know if there is any way of knowing how many FE/FCs were converted to Vanetts. As I understand it, the conversion to vanett was something was able to be carried out at any number of workshops. A number of different places did them and I believe there were variations of the actual conversion, including the shape and size of the windows inserted. I saw one a few years ago at Loftus (Syd, NSW). The bloke was interested in selling it for $1,500. It needed restoring, and the colour was a non-original brown. Wish I'd bought it..... Good luck with yours......

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2001, 12:03:06 PM »

Hi Rob.
Here in Sydney, there was a company called Canopy Industries that did many a vanette conversion as you have described. Check the sliding window for their name etched into the glass to see if yours is one done by them. They also produced a fold down seat that went into the cargo area of vans and utes. I owned a similar van with a CI conversion which I recently passed on to a fellow club member. Still a project with a long way to go.
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: