FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 05:38:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: DECODER  ???  (Read 3252 times)
Brad

Model: FC

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2004, 11:50:03 PM »

HELLO ALL.
                WHAT IS THIS [ decoder ] I READ ABOUT AND CAN IT HELP ME FIND OUT MORE INFO ON MY FC & FB. IN PARTICULAR WHERE AND WHEN THEY WERE BUILT AND POSSIBLY WHERE THEY WERE SOLD NEW.   ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE FC VAN HAS NO KEY HOLE IN THE DRIVERS SIDE DOOR AND IS THE FOLD UP SEAT IN THE BACK A STANDARD FEAUTURE. THANKS HEAPS  BRAD

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 12:03:59 AM »

Brad,

The decoder can be found here.  You type in all your car's details, and it will identify for you the original colours, where it was made, where it was assembled and when (if you still have the original engine number) etc.  It might be able to give you partial information on the FB, but it was designed for FE/FC.

You will also find here explanations of the ID plate info that might be of some help with your FB.

The Van and Ute had no key-hole on the driver's side because it used to be illegal to get into a vehicle on the traffic side.  The Specials had key-holes both sides so you could get in on the driver's side in the comfort of your garage/driveway.  A quaint idiosyncracy...

Fold-up seat was always an aftermarket accessory, typically made by the same body-builder companies that made the camping body front seats and so on.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Brad

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 01:01:14 AM »

THANKS .
I HAVE OWNED THIS CAR FOR ABOUT 16 YEARS AND NOW I KNOW WHEN AND WHERE IT WAS BUILT. I THOUGHT THE SAME ABOUT THE DOOR AND SEAT BUT WAS UNABLE TO CONFIRM IT. DECODER NO HELP WITH THE FB BUT WORTH A TRY ANYWAY.
            THANKS AGAIN   BRAD.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 02:30:41 AM »

As I suggested the decoder probably won't help with the colours of your FB unless they are a colour combination that was also available for the FC.  For example, trim code 4 = black on the ID plate of every Holden from 48-215 to at least HG and possibly later than that.  But the Dulon acrylics and other "new" colours won't show up.

Having said that, the other codes on the ID plate and chassis that identify where the car was made should still be correctly identified.  The last letter of the Body No identifies the manufacturing plant, and the last letter of the chassis number identifies the assembling plant.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Brad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 05:01:03 AM »

NO WORRIES.
                    MY MATE WHO PAINTED THE BODY SAID IT WAS GLADE GREEN WITH A DARKER GREEN ON THE FLASH CANT REMEMBER WHAT COLOUR THOUGH IT WAS A FEW YEARS AGO NOW. ENGINE BAY  COLOUR WAS MATCHED FROM UNDER WIREING LOOM CLIP BY SAME MATE A VEREY DARK GREY. ALMOST BLACK BUT NOT QUITE. UNDERSIDE IS TWO PAK BLACK, SOME PURISTS TELL ME IT SHOULD BE RED BUT I DONT THINK ANYONE KNOWS FOR SHURE.  BODY NO: TELLS ME SYDNEY , CHASIS NO:BRISBANE. I WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT BUILD DATE & POINT OF SALE. I GUESS ILL JUST KEEP LOOKING ,IF AN  FB CLUB HAD A SITE LIKE YOURS I'D BE ABLE TO FIND OUT IN A MATTER OF MINUTES. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE IT HELPED A LOT WITH THE FC.
                               BRAD

Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 05:13:17 AM »

Try

fbekholden.com

Regards

Edward
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print