FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:04:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Disc Rotors  (Read 7604 times)
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« on: September 23, 2001, 09:48:37 PM »

Do P76 Leyland rotors fit the HR stub?

Does anyone know the original rolling height of a standard 13inch rim and an original tyre.......Am trying to work out the biggest rim and trye combination for Queensland registration.

Cheers
Jason. Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 23, 2001, 09:49:22 PM by fevanv6 » Logged

Phone +64 223509263
FCV8UTE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2001, 07:13:46 AM »

YES THEY DO JASON
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2001, 09:46:13 PM »

Thanks

I could not remember whether or not we spoke about it on the phone.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Phone +64 223509263
1_day...

I'll finish it....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2001, 07:59:49 AM »

I remember reading somewhere that the P76 rotors do fit.
Apparently they bring the centres closer to the middle of the car by about half an inch where as the Torana rotors have the centres about half an inch further outboard than the originals.
This will supposedly help out with the bigger feet.
I'm in the beginning stages with a front end replacement myself (very beginning...just can't seem to get going on it and am getting very frustrated).   I would be very interested to hear how you go with the installation.
How hard are the P76 rotors to come by ??

Steve C
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2001, 11:13:50 AM »

Apparently the P76 Rotors can still be bought new......and as I am putting commodore stud patern on the back, they have to be drilled to the same pattern on the front, but you can also get them as a blank rotor so I am told.
I have used the Hadfield front end with th Rack and Pinion steer, but my car is a fair way from being on the road so I can't tell you what it is like yet.
I am planning on using the Vt brakes though out of my donor vehicle.
Jason  Grin

Phone +64 223509263
Rod Wright
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2001, 02:50:47 AM »

If you are having difficulty getting the leyland rotors Centura will do the same trick. The rotors will need new HQ bearings inserted to prevent riding too far up the spindle.
Overall gain, 12 mm each side reduction in width and ford pattern.
Scotty

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2002, 09:10:01 AM »

DBA make leyland P76 rotors, check out http://www.discpads.com     you can order them over the internet and pick them up at Parramatta, you can't buy DBA stuff any cheeper than from here on line(the only way to order) a friend of mine is a mechanic and he won't install new DBA rotors if they come from there, its as cheep as if not cheeper than trade price.

You can get standard, slotted or slotted and drilled from here.
P76 is the same pattern as Ford Falcon so if you use a ford 9" diff keep the front the same.
Rod hadfield (castlemain Rod Shop) has adaptors for the bearings to fit the HR stubs or you can get a set of his lowered stubs and the adaptors fit them too.  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2002, 09:01:27 AM by Scotty » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2002, 12:01:20 PM »

Hope my latest effort's can help you somewhat ,I am building a 56 beetle (for the princess) (I hope you all dont loose faith in me my heart is in the Holden's)Anyway the vw has drum brakes but disks off later models bolt straight on so I bought a set of blanks ,and a set of 17 inch mags off a charade with Suzuki swift stud pattern as well -Blanks obviously can be drilled to suit so I measured wheel and tyre clearance etc etc and found a company willing to drill the stud pattern which turned out to be quite a difficult task in itself but on closer inspection the disks have webbing on the inside which would accomodate the original stud pattern and not much else so these wheels and or disks would be wasted but as luck would have it the webbing was just large enough to accomodate the Suzuki pattern and thickness of the disk allows the charade studs to fit
Moral to the story - be very carefull and do my research more effectively ,Hope this can help you in a roundabout way,
                                                                                  Harko Cool

gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2002, 11:30:11 PM »

hi,

the original diameter of the 13" with crossply tyres is about 610mm (measuring an actual wheel and tyre in my backyard)

they are actually pretty tall when you compare them to the 13" with modern tyres you see around. nothing like a nice full guard!!

simon
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2002, 01:47:27 AM »

Thanks Guys for the help, but the original post was awhile ago and I have changed track completely.
I have opted for the VT calipers for the front care of Hoppers Stoppers including the Vt rotor on HR drum stubs. This will match the Vt booster an the rear end.

Regards
Jason  Grin

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: