FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:09:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Triple Stromberg PICS ????  (Read 7705 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2004, 05:16:44 AM »

Is anyone running, or does anyone have good close up photos of Triple Stromberg carbs on an ORIGINAL HOLDEN manifold ( Not a lynx or redline manifold ).

I'm trying to work out where to run the accelerator cable, choke cable, linkages and return springs ect.

The linkages I have, are the type that's a rod between each carby's butterfly spindles with a Linkage arm between 2 of the carbs coming off that rod.

I've seen heaps of pics of other manifolds with elaborate linkage set ups above the carbs, but have seen no pics of a running setup with the small joining linkage rods.

I learn heaps by studying photos of other peoples cars, so if you have a triple stromberg setup, and have some good pics, can you please post them ?

Cheers

Mark
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 10:13:42 AM »

Mark, I am running triple strombergs on my FE. My linkages are as you describe, a common rod operating the butterfly spindles. I use the standard linkage arm on the middle carby, using an adjustable rod off the original linkages from the firewall. The adjustable rod is from an HR I think. My choke is hooked up to the middle carby using the original cable. The middle carby is in the same spot as the standard carby. I have one return spring on the middle carby. Not the ideal setup in terms of linkage flex, but it works ok, just needs adjusting every now & again. I'll try & get a pic posted over the weekend. Hope you can make sense of this lot.
Colin  

colt
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 09:32:56 PM »

Thanks for that Colin....I'm really keen to see those pics !

Cheers

Mark
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 04:24:32 AM »

Lets see what happens

colt
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 04:26:45 AM »

Huh! New name: Colt; computer nerd (with the Mr's help)

colt
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 07:17:53 AM »

Hi,heres set i got from Slim,speco manifold with fancy set up that is hard to see as i have yet to clean them up but i reckon the old joined shaft rod like Colts would be more efficient and easier  to work on.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 07:24:20 AM by nicko » Logged

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 07:20:08 AM »

close up of rods and adjusters
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 07:26:09 AM by nicko » Logged

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 07:29:15 AM »

hers the part that i think is very nice ,a fuel rail that gives even amount of fuel to each carb .

colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 09:06:28 AM »

Nicko, when I was putting the triples together, I was told to expect some linkage flex at the joining pieces in the shaft. As for adjusting the carbies, it is a bastard because you have to use a tiny spanner on the throttles & you can't get your fingers down there because of lack of space. Your linkage looks cumbersome but at least you can adjust your rods down to each carby. I set all my bases up separately & built the carbys on the car because I was getting a lot of binding . All the throttle butterflys have to be in a straight line. I don't believe I have fuel distribution problems, all the plugs run the same colour, But I don't run it all that hard all the time. For interests sake, I have been to the last 2 Nationals with the triples on and averaged 23mpg for the whole trips.
Colin

colt
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 09:17:34 AM »

Hi all, I think Mark is actually chasing info and pics on the tripple stommies that where used in the XU1's I think they are called CD or SU? Strombergs.

Mark, I think Brad has a set on his FC so you could try him.

Nicko, I agree that those linkages you have do look cumbersome

Cheers,
Mike
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 09:19:33 AM by Burnsy » Logged

Mike
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 10:44:21 AM »

just  a quick note ,i went to autopro today (great that we have Sunday trading in QLD now) as i wanted a joiner clamp for rods between carbs and he had them with the lever for accellerator and they came in 3 lengths of 1",11/2" and 2" so i can get more leverage making it easy to set throttle up.and they are between $9 and $12 depending on length.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: