FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 02:29:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Help me find my way !  (Read 2031 times)
Mick Wilson
« on: June 21, 2004, 10:02:32 PM »

By accident I stumbled across the "passionate discussion" in relation to a "national body". Whilst i am not going to enter into this type of discussion, it did make me think about my current situation, as follows.

Firstly i must say that i am not familiar with car clubs my only experience with a car club was buying an FC Holden and joining the NSW branch where I found that although i only attended one meeting, anytime I had a question to ask, any number of people, especially Craig were more than pleased to assist a complete dummy (when it comes to cars) like me.

Now my problem is that because the FC is gone and I now have an EK Holden, I have let my membership of the FC club go on the assumption that as an EK owner I should look for a club for the EK model + would probably not be welcome on runs or be an outsider which would be a shame as I enjoy the NSW FE/FC discussions and the help given on the site.

"Please guide this poor lost soul" as i would love to pay my dues and re - join the NSW FE /  FC club but as i said above i own an "EK" so how would this be viewed at meetings / runs !

Regards
Mick Wilson
(previously: just_mick)
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 02:18:37 AM »

Hi Mick,
I don't think you even have to own a FE or FC to be a member of the FE-FC club. Smiley
I know in the past i have gone to meetings and on club runs with different model vehicles Wink
Regards ACE Cool
P.S. Your old FC now lives about a Km away from me.
That makes 10 FCs and 1 FE in the local area. Smiley Smiley Smiley
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 05:07:56 AM »

Mick,

ACE is correct, anyone is welcome to join the FE-FC HCC of NSW if they have an interest in the preservation and restoration of them, which doesn't mean you have to own one.  At one stage when I was President I only had an FC reduced to component parts and went to meetings and runs in my company supplied Falcon Shocked So turning up in an EK would be a mild sin in comparison to that!  It's quite routine to have a variety of other models as well as modern stuff participating in our events, and we welcome that.  The club is above all a social group with a common interest.

Having said all that, you should make it your business to get along to one of the FB-EK Club's meetings.  You might find participation there to be to your advantage too.  I know a number of guys from that club participate on this forum.  If your EK is stock maybe the Southern Sydney Early Holden Club is worth checking out too, since you live in that area.  They cater for all grey-powered Holdens.

After all, there's no law saying you can only belong to one club!

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HARKO
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 06:31:29 AM »

Mick ,Heres my rides .

If it wasnt for the clubs approach I dont think I would have been building an FC .
A great bunch of guys n gals in a club environment is sometimes hard to come by and guess what ,youve found them / us "again"

Ive been in with EKs for a while now and Ive had a monaro for years ,Im building the wifes VW and then I bought an FC - and they still accepted me (worse luck) hehe.
Im at albion Park - where are you ?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 06:35:07 AM by HARKO » Logged
mick wilson
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 08:44:02 PM »

Well you guys gave me the replies i expected, I am re-joining the club today. ACE I assume you are talking about my first FC the one with the mags and floor shift which went to Newcastle area the second modified FC i sold to a guy who owns the Auto One store in Uladulla he is already well on the way to turning it into a "Big Dollar" show car complete with Late model Supercharged motor.
Harko, i live at Engadine (near Sutherland)

Regards
Mick Wilson
(Just_Mick)
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 01:03:57 AM »

Hi Mick,
Pleased to see you are back.I have the badge you require.Just give me a call.Sorry your clutch gave you a problem.
Cheers,
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: