FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:01:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cut it custom by Harko FC2dWag  (Read 80087 times)
HARKO
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2004, 02:02:29 AM »

look how bad everything realigns, lots of angles to take into account here.
HARKO
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2004, 02:08:07 AM »

Tailgate in place to try and eyeball it to see if Im happy with the angle
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2004, 02:09:37 AM »

Lookin GOOOD Harko,
Is that a hand saw on the ground in the second last photo?  There must be easier ways!  Wink
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 02:10:14 AM by shayne » Logged

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Shayne
qld-club

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2004, 02:11:28 AM »

Have you thought of making a one piece tailgate Harko?
(I think you've seen Dave's one here)-
http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=album;action=display;num=1056848393;start=6
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 02:16:31 AM by shayne » Logged

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2004, 03:52:36 AM »

Hey Harko.
Nice cutting.
Hard to tell by the pics, but I think it needs more lean. If you are going to this much effort, you want to make sure it is noticable. You may have already thought of this, but be sure to keep the lower window line horizontal. It would look odd if it sloped up at the rear. Those rear windows will be a bugger....what are you thinking in this regard....perspex?
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 03:58:49 AM by custom_fc » Logged

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2004, 04:44:33 AM »

I had thought about the problems of the rear side windows too, being a curved piece. What about welding in a curved piece of steel to fill the gap between the side and rear windows and then you could use flat glass in the sides.

I have seen a picture in a mag of a US Style Nomad wagon that has a double sliding window set-up in the rear that eliminates the C(?) pillar (D being the last pillar). The effect of the pillar is still there where the two windows overlap and appear darker. Not unlike the sliding windows you get in Taragos and Spacias.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 04:46:52 AM by stinky » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2004, 12:11:02 PM »

Thanks guys.
Shayne I was hoping somebody would pick up on the saw - you dont see any angle grinders huh  Wink
I toyed with the idea a while back and figured I like the tailgate up while driving and its already been done.
Im also toying with the idea of barn doors similar to an ambulance but chopped , I like the look chopped (photoshop) if I can get it to suit, and this would eliminate curved glass in the rear .
Not sure which way Ill go yet.
Alex I hear ya mate ,The line along the window has to be straight and the tailgate lower may drop a little with the tilt so Im concerned about that too.
Im just about to take some angles off my photoshop image to make sure im keeping to plan.
And perspex Alex "stick it up ya rs"  Grin Been there done that and dont wanna go back,Id rather spend a weeks worth of metalwork than drop in perspex.

Stinky I noticed on that hearse that the rear corners were filled to allow side glass to be flat but Ive gone off the idea of having side glass at all.
Might just fill a side panel full of louvres  Huh ,,,I mean I think Ill just fill it in and the kids can look out the lengthened door glass (theres a price to pay for being cool).
I realy liked the rendering you put up months back of the red nomad Alex but Im usualy one to rack my brains for an idea that someone hasnt come up with before ,sometimes takes me to the borderline of sanity but hopefully it pays off..
Hopefully this week Ill be working an area that will raise an eyebrow or two so watch this space.
10 4 over.  
FCwagon
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2004, 08:25:09 PM »

Hey Harko,
Gutsy effort so far, I love this sort of stuff. Bit squeamish to try it myself and besides don't have the talent.
Just a thought on keeping the glass line straight - If you make the top gate close over the bottom ala later model wagons, the frame can be extended to bring the gate glass back in line. Wont leak so much neither. Keep those artwork pics coming.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2004, 10:45:10 AM »

Hmmm.....problem with filling it with metal, is that it ceases to be a wagon and becomes a chopped van.
The thing with perspex is that it can be shaped to make it easier to insert.....in me rs.
Some pics for thought.

Wink

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 11:06:02 AM by custom_fc » Logged

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2004, 12:32:01 PM »

nice options there Alex, Harko maybe that red & black beast, build a new upper tailgate out of a wrap around windscreen to solve the rear curved glass issue?
easy ay.
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2005, 11:50:48 PM »

hey guys i was enjoying reading up on this van then it just came to a sudden end, so what happend or is happening to this van Huh Huh  Huh

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
HARKO
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2005, 09:53:06 AM »

Better give you an update hey ,Ive been real busy blah blah but heres some "Progress" photo's .
Please give me some feedback on the overall proportions but take into account that Ive ended up chopping the front down 3 inches due to the drop away that the tailgate created ,The roof will have to be shortened about 7 inches to realign .
HARKO
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2005, 09:55:21 AM »

another
HARKO
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2005, 10:00:36 AM »

And this one shows the overlap of the two rooves that will be lapped using a pnematic lapper which will basicaly put a step the thickness of the metal which will sit under the roof line allowing less distortion and less chance of a blow through .
And the overall profile..
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2005, 10:17:56 AM »

about time you started back on the van i thought i might over take you there for a while he he

cheers fat

fatboy
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2005, 11:14:43 AM »

Hey Harko.
Nice to see some progress.
The chop looks good.
I think the door needs more length though.
I still feel it needs the glass sides.
Regards
Alex

HARKO
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2005, 11:40:59 AM »

Have you got anything in that collection Alex that has a leaning front pillar ? Not sure if your curving me yet Smiley
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2005, 08:57:48 AM »

Harko.
Surfing today & found this beast. Man, it looks gooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!
Would look better with an FC I reckon!

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2005, 08:59:40 AM »

Rear view.
If you need the bigger res shots, just let me know & I can email them.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2005, 06:10:37 AM »

Harko
Sorry I missed a good photo od a red and white FB choptop at the local Ipswich car show the other week.

I took Ivy out for a Sunday drive and whilst out discovered the show, hence no camera. If I see the car again I will have a chat to the driver and get some photos.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: