FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:14:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cut it custom by Harko FC2dWag  (Read 80090 times)
HARKO
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »

Rust at firewall base/sill
HARKO
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2004, 10:51:18 AM »

The cowl vent is realy clean although tarnished and looks a lot worse in photographs .
The whole subframe looked like this and cleaned up a treat.
HARKO
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2004, 10:56:57 AM »

A photo of the tray area shows how clean and not knocked about it is.

Keeping in mind this hopefully will be my work car come weekend cruiser extending the doors will allow access to the rear seat and add some cool too.
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2004, 11:32:49 AM »

Hey Harko
The project is moving along at a rapid pace.
Car is surprisingly clean compaired to the pics of when you found it. Nice score.
I would suggest you remove the firewall tags before the blaster. You will get all the paint and won't damage the tags. Squeeze the rivets in from inside the car and pop 'em off.
Regards
Alex

Emu

Emu's Ashes pic - Aussies 5-0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2004, 08:00:50 PM »

You're killin me Harko!

You may recall the pictures of "Hilda's" cancerous cowl vent and firewall base/sill.  

I magnified your picture of the firewall base/sill 20X  and you're right,.......... there is a spot of rust there!!

Is this the same vehicle that left the wreckers on a fork lift? You've done very well. Keep the excellent pics coming

Emu - Jealous Bird
HARKO
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2004, 10:08:44 PM »

Thanks guys,
                    Yeah Emu Ive been there before too and its a good feeling to start realy getting into the areas you cant see and find theyre better than youve anticipated thats for sure.
The cowl vent rubber came out in one peice and complete ,and still flexible, Just amazes me that a car can sit untouched and exposed to the elements for 30 odd years and remain in this condition.

,Its gonna be a long week. cant wait to get it blasted
craiga
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2004, 11:37:13 PM »

Harko,

This has turned out to be a great score. I remember this car clearly when it was sitting at Flynn's at Cooma, up to its windows in grass. Its great that you are on your way to returning it to the road.

How many blokes would have looked at it and thought it was unsaveable? Heaps I reckon, and look how good the body has turned out to be.

Congrats, like everyone else I can't wait to see what you produce.

Cheers,

Craig.

HARKO
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2004, 11:23:37 AM »

And the other half finished project dropped into the shed tonight, If all go's to plan Ill update photo's of this as I do them both .
I could feel the happyness in the room when it met up with its pan again
HARKO
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2004, 09:53:07 AM »

Whacked the wheels under the Dub that we had bought for it and dropped the car down to the rough height it will sit .
And we dont like em.
Might do the same with the commodore rims on photoshop and see if Im headed that way, disks can be machined and clearances should be OK
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2004, 10:05:10 AM »

Hey Harko.....nice oval.
With both those projects happenin' at once, be careful not to mix up those parts......though it could make for an interesting ride or 2.
Kick your photoshop into life and let your imagination free. Smiley
Regards
Alex

HARKO
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2004, 10:12:56 AM »

Hmmm ,Better "I thnk"
HARKO
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2004, 08:39:19 AM »

Heres the metal removed to allow the rear seat to be used.
HARKO
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2004, 08:44:39 AM »

Heres the dub after I stripped the paint off the more open and weaker areas ,Not trusting the blaster.
HARKO
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2004, 09:12:13 AM »

This is the dirt only from the subframe brace - the brace looked clean and rust free ,I would have painted it if it wasnt to be blasted - lucky.
HARKO
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2004, 09:19:53 AM »

Heres the subframe brace - the left rail was absoloutely chokkas.
And yeah I removed the floor because being the second time around I learned that dropping the top means you need to  drop the seat and dropping the seat means you need to drop the floor flat.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 09:58:18 AM by HARKO » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2004, 09:30:02 AM »

Heres the Dub after blasting - blasting the heater tubes to pieces hehe , But I like it more work and a longer future
HARKO
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2004, 09:35:55 AM »

This is the inner sill area - beutifull .
Bloody happy to reach this stage so far.
HARKO
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2004, 10:16:21 AM »

In this pic you can see the band of original paint left so no distortion.
The guy gave me the full speel about how good he was and how he wouldnt warp anything . I said "dont do the roof or quarters and he did way more than I wanted just to prove he is capable.
So when I turned up I went from happy to pissed off to extremely happy while rubbing my hand up and down the quarters and roof.
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2004, 11:47:45 AM »

Wow Harko.....do you sleep?
Great work so far.
I like what you did by stripping by hand the flat panels.
The FC looks like an entirely new car now. Wish my inner sills looked like yours.
Regards
Alex

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2004, 08:27:30 AM »

Great minds think alike?
I watched a program on Foxtel the other night about Troy Trepanier (he owns the business Rad Rides by Troy in the USA, making famous cars such as Quadra-Chev, Sniper, Chicayne amongst others)
Anyway, he had been contracted to build a car by ebay motors using a car and parts from ebay only.
When stripping the paint they used chemical stripper on the large flat areas and left the crevices and hard places for the blaster.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: