FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 03:01:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: electric wiper relay  (Read 1596 times)
fc4kiwi

crusin fine in a "59"

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2004, 01:21:17 AM »

help guys I really need a wiring diagram to wire up a relay to my wipers  what wire go to where on a relay.
Reason is that if i have my wipers on for longer than a hour they stop untill it all cools down then goes fine again.
Auto sparkee quoted $200.00 to wire a relay up, thats labour only NO PARTS. Angry
So any help would be greatly needed
craiga
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 02:38:37 AM »

A relay is just a switch that uses a low current to switch high current.

In the diagram below I have marked each wires destination. When you buy a relay it will be marked with numbers like 87/85 etc but it should also have a small diagram that shows the coil and the high current switch. If you can, try to get one with a see through top, then you'll easily be able to work it out.

You basically need to locate the main power wire that goes to your wiper motor and connect it to one side of the relays coil. Then connect the other side of the relay coil to the vehicles ground. Whenever power flows in this circuit the relay switch will close allowing positive voltage to flow to the wiper.

Now on the high current side, you will need to connect one side of the relay switch to one of the vehicle fuses, or preferably run a new wire, with a fuse in series, directly to the battery positive. The other side of the relay switch gets connected to the wiper power connection in place of the wire you previously removed.

Hope that all makes sense :-/

If you get stuck post the questions and I'll help out.

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 02:47:25 AM by craiga » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: