FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 12:19:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Brakes  (Read 2163 times)
frogman

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2004, 04:46:10 AM »

The old girl is leaking brake fluid. :(Can anyone tell me where you get front slave cylinders. Is it possible to get new stainless steel ones. I am located in adealide
craiga
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 05:12:43 AM »

Frogman,

Rare Spares have slave cylinders - about $90.00 per corner. You can get resleeved stainless ones from them for about $55.00 a corner, but other companies can provide this service for prices lower than this.

Many times you can just kit the cylinders, which is cheaper, so long as your cylinders aren't badly pitted. I have had success with 1200 wet and dry and with a light hone on a drill.

Other guys might be able to supply more info.

With the original brakes you really need to replace the brake fluid every 12 months, more often if you are keen.

Good Luck,

Craig.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 05:13:13 AM by craiga » Logged
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 08:04:40 AM »

i got some rear slave cylinders for hr brakes a few months ago for $17 each - brand spanking new, fully assembled with pistons, seals etc. bolt them up and go.

got them from a place in parramatta (sydney) called brake pro.

simon
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 08:16:03 AM »

Power Brakes are the people to see about the stainless kits, there is one on the Parade at Norwood and another North East Road at Holden Hill.
I guess you could call other brake places, they may do stainless too. I've been getting my brake stuff done at a place in Gawler, Aus Brake and Undercar behind Sprint Auto, Good workmanship and prices.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: