FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:28:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: VH40 brake booster  (Read 12912 times)
Dave

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2004, 07:24:56 AM »

G'day,

I'm looking for a VH40 brake booster to fit to an EH for an HR disc front end.  Repco want $582 for a new one or $250 for a reco of asecond hand one.
i believe its the VH40 that sits on the side of the bay.

I cant get a second hand one in any form anywhere at any wreckers...does anyone have any ideas or have a booster they would like to sell?

would a torana booster work somehow? they seem quite cheap and readily available.

sorry to use it for such a modern square car...

I need it for rego!!!

Thank you
Dave
peterwmh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 07:55:08 AM »

Dave,

I have an original Girling remote booster as fitted to HRs with disc frontend.  Needs a kit through it as it leaks fluid into the vacuum reservoir. Your welcome to it, happy to listen to an offer.  Please IM or email peteramanda@iprimus.com.au to discuss.

Cheers

Peter

Never late with a 308!!!!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 10:35:19 AM »

$250 sounds on the money for a Reco, I was lucky enough to pick one up for $50?? or was it $100, that had been reco'ed 6 months earlier.
A Torana booster will fit, needs some fabrication work done though.

Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 11:42:51 PM »

I don't meen to hijack your thread, but thought it better to add to this thread than start a new one.

I have a VH44 booster and it sits very neatly on the firewall where the clutch cylinder wouold normally go ( I'm running an auto ).

My query is....is the VH44 adequate enough to run HR discs up front and HR Drums on the rear with worked 202 motor Huh   or should I step up to the VH 40 ?

ALso, are the VH40 and VH44 the same size...so I can mount it back on the firewall ?

Cheers

Mark
Trevor_B
vic-club

Model: FC

Melbourne VIC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 12:59:44 AM »

Hi Mark,
The VH40 unit is more powerful and designed to run with disc brakes - the diaphragm is significantly larger. The VH44 is designed for drum brakes.

These units are still manufactured by a company called Brake Parts Australia so they may be able to provide more info - below is details from my earlier post that may be helpful.
Regards,
Trevor B.

Dave,
A company in Melbourne Brake Parts Australia who should be able to help you with a new one. Try their web site: http://www.bpa.com.au

Another option is a wreckers in Melbourne who recently had reco'd VH40 for sale at $150 - call them on 03 9310 9044.

Yet another option is a crowd called Hydroboost who sell reco'd VH40's for $195 ($145 with C/O) call them on 03 9390 4811

I have a VH40 spare that available but it needs a full set of rubbers including the diaphram. If you are interested I am looking for $70 + postage (what I paid for it) I am in Melbourne. PM me if you want to take it further.
Trevor B

FC Sedan, Ute & Wagon .... only a Panel Van required to make the set
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 01:15:01 AM »

Thanks Trevor B........may have found a BRAND NEW VH40 for $390

Cheers

Mark
Dave

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 07:20:54 AM »

G'day all,

Thanks for your offer peter... i took up Trevor's advice and spoke to hydroboost in melbourne - its only $15 to get sent up a recoed booster so all up $210 so i think i will go for that.

Better than repco trying to sell me a new one for $582!

cheers
Dave

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 07:54:51 AM »

i am in the process of changing customers EH with disc brake front running stock 186, with a  VH40 as the reco VH44 she paid several hundred dollars including fitting by brake and clutch shop shit itself after 8 months because it was too small,as per usuall in Queensland the shop told her it was her fault and would not refund,so another back yarder has to fix pro's (ha ha) stuff up.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 07:56:22 AM by nicko » Logged

Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 09:55:02 PM »

Well, I managed to find someone to help.....Perth Brake Parts in Welshpool, kindly exchanged my grotty old VH44 for a recond VH40.....just $180......very happy !

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: