FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 01:35:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FUEL / BRAKE LINES ???  (Read 1504 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2004, 03:53:32 AM »

I am at the stage of fitting new brake and fuel lines to the underbody of my FC sedan, which is currently laying on it's side getting the floor and underneath welded up and repainted.

Can anyone give pics or info on where to run the lines, or can they pretty much go where ever you like Huh

I'm running a hot 202 ( XU1 spec ), so what size fuel line do you suggest ?

Where can i get steel fuel lines from, and are they straight, or coiled, or pre-bent to the shape I need ?

Any help is appreicated !

Cheers

mark
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 08:10:18 AM »

These lines can run down either side of the chassis, but since the fuel outlet and pickup are both on the RHS, then this seems the most obvious.  Factory holes for mounting the lines are in the RHS chassis, if you follow these you will be pretty much OK.
5/16 fuel line will be OK for the 202
Any brake shop will make up brake and fuel lines for you.
I do this at work on a fairly routine basis.
Unless you find NOS lines the new lines will generally be in a coil and will have to be bent to shape.
You will need to supply a sample or the car to the shop and the accuracy will depend on the skill of the person doing the job.
Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: