FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:15:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: YELLA TERRA ( can't see red )  (Read 17987 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2004, 06:07:12 AM »

What's going on ?     Apparantly Yella Terra no longer make the stage 3 "Street Performer" head for the Red Motor Huh?

Yep, you can get one to suit Blue and Black motors, but not red !

Does anyone know of someone who may have a new (exchange)  Yella Terra Street Performer Head to suit a Red motor, lying around anywhere Huh

I know I know....I could just get the head for the blue motor and just get a new intake manifold....but Original Holden XU1 Triple Stromberg manifolds don't grow on trees you know, so I planning on using mine....won;t fit a blue motor head though !

Any ideas ?

Mark
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 06:14:46 AM »

Mark
      When I was doing up the 186 for my FE came across the same problem. Anybody who has one knows that they dont make them any more, so they wany an arm and a leg for second hand ones. I refused to pay such prices so got the head off the 186 and took it down to a mate at Cheapa Auto's and got him to send it out and have it done up. Yeah it cost a bit but at least I know what I got for my money.

Regards
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 06:23:07 AM »

You're probably right Sarge....the annoying thing, is that in Sep last year, I had an email reply from REPCO ( distributor ), that they WERE available and even a price !

Guess I should have bought one then !

I may ust have to get the existing head worked a little...I guess at the end of the day, that's all Yella terra do anyway !

Cheers

Mark
Sarge
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 06:38:23 AM »

Mark
      Thats strange for REPCO as when I wanted to buy a new yellow terra head about 18 months ago. Everbody I went to or called told me the same thing Yellow Terra Heads are not producing for Holden Red 6 Cyclinders any more. So he must have been on to some body whith old stock. Who knows, either way they are not around new any more.
       When you get your head work done see if the guy that does it has a spray can of yellow paint. Once its bolted on nobody will know the differance. I remember years ago I would always paint the yellow terra heads red to match the motor. I only ever had one red motor with a yellow head on it and all the chrome and go fast bits didnt make it look any better. So now they all end up painted red anyway.

Regards
Sarge.

0421 165 351
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 08:49:24 PM »

There's one on ebay at the moment
John M

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2465247735&category=39382
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 09:58:01 PM by fcmayberry » Logged

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 11:44:48 PM »

had a close look at those ports and unless im mistaken its not a yella terra head,every yella terra head ive seen have the bolt posts completely removed where the one in photo just looks like someone has had a hack with the die grinder.

Sarge
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 02:31:53 AM »

Nicko
       I think your right, something dont look right to me. Plus if it was a yella terra I think theres a 0 missing off the price. But thats just my opinion.  Smiley Its like I said earlier you no what you got when you do it or have it done the way you want.  Wink

Regards
Sarge

0421 165 351
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 02:53:12 AM »

plus all yella terra valves have the words stamped into each valve face,

Sarge
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 02:56:09 AM »

Nicko
Sorry couldnt pick that up from photos. But yes I believe your right. Smiley

Regards
Sarge

0421 165 351
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 02:16:56 AM »

i have waited for reply to this question for two days,( hi can you send me close up photos of ports, springs and valve faces, do the valve faces have yella terra stamped into them,,double valve springs or single with flat wound damper inside ?)/////////funny ,no answer or photos, so im a bit sus as i actually want good worked head to suit my hot cam and gear drive.

Effie C

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2004, 03:02:39 AM »

OK another avenue,

Gary Thorpe from Vic. posted on another site for people interested to have a special run of Yella terra heads to suit red motor done, not sure how much interest he recieved by try sending him a pm.

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=;action=viewprofile;username=HR186S4speed225

John M

FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2004, 02:02:03 AM »

The YellaTerra head on my FB only has YT on the valves. As Nicko mentioned the bolt posts are also removed.
Leigh

Red & white is alright
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2004, 01:33:22 PM »

finally got reply with close up photo.s ports are neatly shaped but the rest looks very stock and so do the valves, no stamps on them and chambers look very stock.

Effie C

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2004, 11:55:54 AM »

Mark
Depending on your budget, to hell with Yella Terra check this baby out!  Shocked

http://www.racetech.com.au/jzed.htm

John M

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

bargain, just ad $1500- $2000 for the webbers,$800 to $1000 for the custom headers,$400 for the rest of the exhaust system, then we can build the tough block,pistons and crank$2000, but thats not all folks we now have to build the box to take it $1500 to $2000,gee then there is just the small matter of a diff that wont break $1200,crikies we forgot the big cooling system $600 , wow it hammers but i cant stop better add high performance brakes $1000 . christ now ive got a head ache

Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2004, 11:49:14 PM »

Yeah...what Nicko said !

Thanks John, it made for interesting reading if nothing else.......shame I'm running Triple Strombergs.

I was going to go triple webbers, but they are $2100 new.

Cheers

Mark
craiga
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2004, 12:25:36 AM »

I tend to disagree.

$10 000 for a 400HP 6 Cylinder Holden Driveline sounds expensive, but is it really? We were spending around $4000.00 in the early 80's, and weren't using anything that special except 12 port heads. Go to the drags and ask blokes what they are spending to get 500hp out of a 308.

Add your list to a repaired repainted $10 000 FE/FC body and you have a $20 000 rocketship.

And never mistake the value in a set of Webbers, the difference in power in unbelieveable.

Cheers,

Craig.
Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2004, 06:43:46 AM »

The very latest Repco catalogue is advertising Yella Terra Heads for Red Motors, I rang the local Repco Branch and they confirmed that they are available, so I suggest you try your Local Repco for the catalogue and see if its what you want.
Cheers
Jock

Cars are my life not just my work
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2004, 07:34:37 AM »

Already on the case.....BUT.....I know that YT do in fact produce heads for the Red 202, however, they are called a Hi-torque head, which is basically the entry level YT head....call it a stage 1.

What I'm chasing, is the next one up, called a STREET PERFORMER, which is about a stage 3 equivilant......then you go to the ROAD RACER...which is all out race stuff.

I've got Repco in Mandurah WA following up for me, but usual thing for us WA people....everybody is in the East, and close up at around 2:00pm our time, so we have to wait until tomorrow !

If I get now joy...would you mind following up at your local Repco for me Huh

Cheers

Mark
fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2004, 11:25:59 AM »

That head from J.ZED looks awfully like an "Irving 12 "port except for the square intake ports. Everything else looks the same.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: