FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 05:24:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: need info to remove & install pillar trimming.  (Read 1659 times)
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2004, 03:50:41 AM »

g'day,need info how to remove /install pillar trimming that run's up between roof linning and pillar frame work.as mine is starting to tear as i try to remoooove Angry,yes a bit fustrating(sorry about that i feel better now) yeh info is greatly apreciated thank's.until then COL58FE :-/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 03:51:54 AM by dawry351 » Logged
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 04:35:36 AM »

Col,

Are you talking about the C pillar lining? This is part of the hoodlining, and you will need to free the lining from the rear window rubber, by removing the window and rubber, and from the retaining strip around the door frame, which continues right around the hoodlining edge on each side, and holds in the windlacing as well.

I've seen some cars with a glued on lining to the B pillar, however this is to my knowledge not a factory trim, and more than likely to have been installed during a retrim. Being glued, I doubt you shall be able to save it.

Finally, the A pillar has a cover which is screwed on, which (no surprises here) requires a screw driver to remove!

If however, you are talking about the windlacing, this is retained by little teeth on a metal strip which also retains the hood lining. Removing it is tricky, however achievable with patience. You need to place a flat 1" scraper that is not too flexible in the slot between the windlacing and the painted metal around the door openings, and lever the metal retainer strip out a little. You then need to gently push up the windlacing to free it from the metal teeth, and work it out of the slot.

It will be a lot easier to understand if you can look at a car which has had the hoodlining removed, to work out the logic of how the metal strip retains the lining and windlacing.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Edward
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 11:45:06 AM »

hi fast eddie,thank's for that info on the windlacing now i know what it's called too.i experimented on the fc and it work's,like you said patience is the key.thank's again fast eddie.until then COL58FE. Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: