FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:28:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: RPO  (Read 2387 times)
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
RPO
« on: February 03, 2004, 08:16:21 AM »

What is RPO 207   -   7445

Regards Geoff
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 01:41:41 AM »

RPO stands for Regular Production Option, and when filled in denotes some change from the standard fitment for that car that was done at the factory.  The most commonly seen one is 333, which identifies a panel van with rear glass fitted.  There are others for things like heavy duty electricals, door-pulls, as well as the seriously irregular Roll Eyes ones like one-door postie van etc.

However, because these things were hand-stamped, it's extremely common to see the second paint number more or less next to the RPO title, especially on FEs and early FCs.  Later FCs have 3 fields for PAINT, INSERT, and TOP, but the early ones just have 2 sets of numbers stamped next to the word PAINT.  (The word TOP does appear at the bottom right, but wasn't ever used TTBOMK).

In other words your RPO is actually your roof colour of 207 (Metallic Duco) - 7445 (Bermuda Green).  Amazing isn't it?  I don't recall Bermuda Green being mentioned on this forum in the last 3 years, and yet all of a sudden it's all over the place!

Hope that helps.
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 06:10:52 AM »

The paint code on the car is 256/7466  and the trim is 224-471 ao.If that is any more help.

Regards Geoff
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 01:03:42 AM »

Geoff,

Have a look at the Tech Info sections on decoding ID plates, where all this stuff is discussed at length.

Basically:

TRIM
224 = Exterior Trim Code => Bermuda Green over Levant Green
471 = Interior Trim Code => Tasman Green and Egret Ivory

PAINT (First colour then second colour, usually described as "second colour over first colour")
256 => Paint Type => Duco Lacquer
7466 => BALM Paint Number => Levant Green
207 => Paint Type => Metallic Duco
7445 => BALM Paint Number => Bermuda Green

The code "AO" is a whole different story, that has been discussed here before.  Long story short, it tells me your car was made in Sydney, because only Sydney cars have that code, and that your car was fitted with "Special" trim, which of course it was.  It's quite redundant, and appears to hark back to the FJ codes.

Your car has no RPO.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 07:09:58 AM »

Ret I think all our car have
RPO
REAL PROUD OWNER  Grin Grin

Regards
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351