FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:36:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: changing back to three on the tree  (Read 1570 times)
Phantom

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2004, 07:13:20 AM »

i have a three speed floor shift (speco), how difficult is it or is it possible to change it back to the original three on the tree?
                               Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 12:29:30 AM »

Hi Phantom,

no-one else seems to have stepped in here so I'll have a go....

depends on whether the original column and/or box remains in place, how much of the hardware has been removed/butchered and whether you can lay hands on the bits/linkages you need to remake.

could be as simple as putting a gearshift lever back into the "honeypot" and connecting column shift linkages back.....or.....you might find the column shift is buggered and that's why the floor shift is there....it may even have a non-original box that the grey column linkages simply don't work for....

(hope I'm not teaching how to suck eggs here)

cheers....Brad

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 09:48:49 AM »

G'DAY FC FROM SCRATCH'
                                            I dont even know if i have a fc steering column it could be an fb or ek for all i know. The column has tape all over  it to  cover the hole where the gear stick went , so i probably need a full column with all the linkages and gear shifter etc to convert it back?  I will probably find out when i go to the next meeting at the victorian club.
                     Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: