FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 25, 2024, 07:32:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: O/T: If you have to ask, you can't afford it...  (Read 1524 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: December 04, 2003, 04:01:22 AM »

Check out this piece of extreme automobile...

http://www.australiancardirectory.com.au/index.cfm?page=news_details&section=6&id=1913

The Dodge RAM SRT-10 - a pickup truck with Viper drivetrain:
Bigger is Better
The Dodge Ram SRT-10 delivers big numbers at every turn. With 500 horsepower, 525 lb.-ft. of torque, 505 cubic inches and a 505 watt ear-melting sound system, Dodge dominates in every category. The 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the new performance truck icon.

It's not much to look at, like a Rodeo on 'roids, but I bet it would go like buggery.  Just the thing for the tradesman perpetually late for appointments... Grin

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 12:01:59 PM »

I  have driven 3 different Rams as well as two vipers, the Rams all had the same Magnum V8 wich seemed OK.
Across the road from were I was working a guy had another Viper wich had a whole lot of upgrades such as brembco brakes and stuff. This made a total of 3 vipers stored at two side by side addresses, pretty common cars I guess, but if you kept driving past my old work and took the second left heading towards Newcastle you would be on a road that had a house that stored more than double that of FE's and FC's.
unfortunately I never got to give any of the Dodges a proper try but the Rams were quite easy to drive for a big pick up with super lite steering and colum change auto even the LWB ones are a breeze to park.
I found that even with the super wide tyres on the vipers that it was pretty easy to break traction, The V10 runs pretty smooth but has a nice strong sound pumping out of the pipes, you kind of need the rpm up before you let the clutch go or it dies, I think if the tyres were any more narrow on the back that you wouldn't be able to take off without smoking it up.
As far as I know the V10 was originally designed to be used in dodge trucks before the viper was even a tadpole in its Dads pants.
This would be a good truck if you have a bunch of starving horses that are hangin for some hay as you could probably get to town and back quicker than the average 302 F 100.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: