FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:01:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Most radically chopped FE EVER.  (Read 25731 times)
craiga
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2007, 04:33:48 AM »

Here's a few radical customs that pre-date the current ones by a few years. http://www.barris.com/

These aren't cars, they're created by people who put form over function. OK you can't go flat out down a freeway in them, but as a static display piece they are works of art.

Good on them for stepping outside the norm. Even the mild 'Rat Rod' stuff is a refreshing change, no trailer queens amongst that lot!!
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2007, 09:04:32 AM »

I know that page craig, its been my home page for the last 4 months, i just thought it was cool music to have everytime i open internet explorer.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 10:17:32 AM »

Hey guys.
I am not saying that modified cars are anything but cool.
My concern is that some of these rods lack taste and more importantly, lack function.
I guess it is like where customising went in the 60's, when lot's of builders modified parts of the car to earn points on the show circuit. This resulted in cars that did not flow, or were just down right ugly. Modification for the sake of modification goes against reason. IMHO, a car should be modified to improve it's styling, but if the modifications mean it can no longer be driven, it fails to meet it's fundamental reason for being....transportation.
Show me a radical car that retains taste and can be driven, and you have my appreciation.
Where is the sense in chopping a top so much, that you have to retain no roof insert so your head can stick out to drive it? What purpose do ram tubes on a carby that are 2 foot long serve, other than it makes them taller than the roof? Why channel a car so low that you have to get on your hands and knees to enter it?
Sure the FE in this thread has a radical chop!! Bottom line is that it can still be driven and would retain head room.......no comparison really.
Tayz.....if you don't already, buy Rod and Kulture magazine instead. Has real cars that can be driven, traditional style and there are usually cool stories that go with the pics....Old Skool Rodz has none of this.  Shocked Wink
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:25:03 AM by custom_fc » Logged

TAYZ
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2007, 10:27:28 AM »

Alex, I read em all!!!  Just have to hide the credit card statements from the missus as they are not cheap to buy.............. Grin
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2007, 07:53:45 PM »

I wasn't gunna bother replying anymore to this post Alex- but  others have said just what I was thinking- You have contradicted yourself a bit and your growing conservative in yer old age and ya  just dont get it!  Grin

Its cool- its way out and its  popular- just look at the feedback here and the  Kustom Kulture in general - end of story.
But  debate and discussion  no matter what anyones  individual opinion is  what keeps it all interesting.

Now here is a newsflash for ya- that radical rod is apparently driven! I cannot  upload images here of what I found on the net ( I dont wanna  become an  'FC Club Member'  just to post more here!) but the guy  does drive the car as I have seen. Getting  in is a laugh- he sits on the ground and sorta shuffles in. -Once in  he is laying  down -and despite what you first think- is not as bad as you  imagine. Think of the cramped conditions and poor visibility in a Tank - thats what its like in this  thing. Once settled in the vision  is better than you expect. Think about it for a moment -   Just how much vision is required when you are laying down? So its still filling the role of transportation .

So its not quite as impractical as you  think - it has been proven to be used- albeit limited and Im with the majority - its  just great to see something  outrageously different and taken to the extreme- after all  our hobby is about fun with cars - is that  guy having  fun? You betcha! And so are most of us watching....

You wanna argue more about perceived impracticality? Have a look at  some of the cars  built  decades ago  for salt lake racing ! You have to wonder how on earth some of those cars were driven let alone flat out! Radical chops and  big air intakes didnt seem to  stop these guys!

Do what I did and Google in  radical rat rods and try U tube with the same - pretty damn great stuff in anyones book - anyone with a pulse that is!

BTW there are only two sorts of  people in the world - W@nkers and Liars Cool

Cheers Andrew- streetneat

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 12:07:28 AM »

Well it goes to show, everyone has an opinion some more than others  Roll Eyes

Andrew, why reply when you made your point?
You just seem to roll in whenever there is a little controversy and stir the pot. A man with your experience and talent would do well to visit the Modification and General Tech sections, advice from a good(great?) Paint/Panel man is always welcome.

BTW, the old "don't want to be a member chestnut" doesn't wash anymore, anyone who is a board member such as yourself can post pictures. Just host them on photobucket, tinypic or whatever and provide link. If you need help just give us a yell.

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 12:08:08 AM by stinky » Logged

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2007, 03:33:12 AM »

Hey Andrew.
Your description on how this guy gets in and "drives" his 'car' only serves my point of view in my opinion.
Quote - "Getting  in is a laugh- he sits on the ground and sorta shuffles in. -Once in  he is laying  down"
These cars remind me of those whacky 'rods' from the 70's that looked like shopping trollies, radio flyers, beds, out houses etc. These things were "way out and popular" also, but they only have a quirky place in automotive history......and newsflash - they were driven also. Hell, even some of the greats like Barris built these cars.
The lakes cars were built with 1 purpose - aerodynamics...end of story.
The problem here is that these cars are being built by guys who are into the Kustom Kulture thing and have progressed into the car thing.
With me, I am into the car thing and have found an interest in the Kulture thing, so I'm coming at it from a different angle.

Hmmm...now for the difficult question, what type of person am I.....
Regards
Alex

fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2007, 06:03:16 AM »

So what is the most radicalilly chopped FC ever?

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2007, 07:48:47 AM »

Depends on your version of radical  Wink
It could be the FE that Alex originally posted or another definition would say any convertible/roadster conversion. In the difficulty stakes you can't really go past Streetneat's Gold/Blue sample, but technically that was an FC wasn't it? Grin

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2007, 07:58:20 AM »

Err I was adding new info Glen about how  since   I have found the car is  actually driven - but point taken - I love stirring you guys   up - ya caught me out and you take the bait  so well...
Roll Eyes

At least Alex took it as good natured as was intended and it was Alex I was directing at...
I do agree with you though and some of your observations  Alex - you are coming at it from a different angle- ironically the same angle as myself... I studied all of the American Kustom car crafters before I built my cars  and even if I'm not heavily into the Kustom Kulture thing myself  - I love seeing what  weird  and wonderful things these guys are gunna come up with next
Its all good- I just have to figure out my how to hone my communication skills further  so you guys  don't keep taking everything I post as pot stirring  ( well not ALL the time!) I don't take myself seriously in these discussions- nor do I take  the comebacks  seriously - its all just debate and discussion.

No one has yet answered my original question who owns and where is the the radically chopped FE now?

Now  tongue in cheek again -
"So what is the most radically chopped FC ever?" ... err mine as far as I know - but am keen to find one more chopped up- as long as it can still be driven and is  registrable...

Im sure someone here will correct me though...
Tongue

Cheers and chill out - Streetneat Andrew

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2007, 08:09:20 AM »

Err the question Glen was  what was the most chopped up FC- and mine technically is still an FC?

I did use  an FE for most of the donor metal but the base car  is FC. If you  look at  the build up on my website - the car  uses mostly FE/FC metal - just moved around. With a small sprinkling of VW - heavily modified and what ever other old Holden parts I could find in my shed  was  thrown into the mix .
( I will avoid 'pot stirring' references)  Grin

Cheers streetneat-Andrew

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2007, 08:19:34 AM »

Sorry Anndrew, reading too fast again, I missed it.

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2007, 12:01:32 PM »

Most rad chopped FC?
Well, Andrews car is obviously a contender.
Considering when this car was around, early 70's, this is also a contender in my eyes. 'The Shark'

Atleast I think it was an FC!!
Regards
Alex

fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2007, 07:03:56 PM »

ha ha, i thought if someone posted something other than andrews car it would be the shark.

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2007, 08:11:35 PM »

Yes I would agree-  When I built my Coupe I had old magazines lying around featuring The Shark and while I reckoned it looked mean - I didn't like all  its lines.
I'm not gunna Rabbit on about my car - thats been done to death  by others. But I would love to see  anymore Radical Custom FE/FC/FB/EK Holdens...

Yes Glenn - you did read a bit fast  Grin

Cheers Streetneat- Andrew

TAYZ
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2007, 12:21:07 AM »

The Shark, now that is kooolll.  Ive seen HOTROD's plans for his chop and when done it will take the cake, its already on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool Cool Cool

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: