FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:49:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE TV ads  (Read 9149 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »

Not sure if this link has been posted before, but the Unique Cars site has some cool original ads to view.
There are a few FE ads, as well as a van and wagon ad that are very cool. Check out the other models while your at it. The EJ advert has a bit of history, being for the 1 mil Holden.
No FC ads unfortunately.  Sad

Here's the link to the page. Use the select button to locate the other ads.

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/classic_car_commercials_holden.htm

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:16:54 AM by custom_fc » Logged

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:55:09 AM »

Thanks Alex. Can these be downloaded in some way so we can put them on DVD?
Cheers,
Graham
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:29:56 AM »

These are great! what gems, if only we could get downloads?
Great find Alex
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 12:03:39 PM »

They are cool eh!!
No idea on how to download or save them.
It would be good to get the full size versions for the TV.
Perhaps we need to contact them.....or Richard can decypher?
Regards
Alex

parisian62

Feelin free, in a 61 FB.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 07:52:27 PM »

great stuff Alex! I'll pe putting the same link on the FB EK forum...

"It's as Australian as they come - that's Holden."

regards
Stewart
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 11:22:28 PM »

I have successfully downloaded the FE ones, and will have them at the next meeting to show on the projector for the benefit of members who don't visit here.

Y'all put crap on the Mac users until you want something, eh?  Kiss

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 12:37:37 AM »

Look at all of those FC ads!  Tongue

Grin

Phone +64 223509263
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 03:18:35 AM »

I couldn't work it out last night, but I've now managed to download a couple of them Grin

Go the Mac's Wink

Great find Alex...! Now, who's got all the FC ads :-/

Cheers
Les...

liamandjo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »

Hi Club Members,

Had you asked, we would have converted our FC 16mm content. We instead wish you well on your quest to rip others off.

Cheers,
The Team @ Unique Cars And Parts
http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 10:15:34 AM »

am i missing something here?

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 10:35:39 AM »

am i missing something here?

They must have been making stacks of money from the ads and now that people have downloaded the ads for private use, they have deprived them of income  :-/

liamandjo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 10:37:30 AM »

Hi Fc Cool '59

Apparently owning a Mac is better than using the word "please".

That said, we quite understand the feeling that owning a Holden is far superior to owning a Ford.

Cheers,
The Team @ Unique Cars and Parts

liamandjo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 10:44:49 AM »

Hey "Stinky",

We have never charged for anything. But as an enthusiast you should/would know that. We sell classic car art, ant that is about it. We are disappointed, as Holden finatatics, that we are perceived as in it for the money.

We are there to provide the best information we can, and attend Car Club functions, hand out DVD's, etc of all that we can to ensure classics will last forever.

We do not, however, appreciate demanding emails as seem to have been generated by this post, which is what prompted us to reply.

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 11:28:31 AM »

Hello Team at unique cars.
I feel sorry that you felt that you needed to make your first visit to our forum such a negative one.
You quite obviously are a business and are on the internet to promote same. One of the ways you chose to attract customers to your site is by offering interesting content, the movie clips being part of this.
A post on our forum promoting your site and some of the content would only serve your business well, by attracting new visitors to your site.
The quality of the adverts that you have displayed would be highly compressed in size and quality and would suit little more than the current format, so the benefit anyone might obtain from downloading them would certainly be negligable.
Any contact that has been made to you recently of a demanding nature may not necessarily be representative of the members of this forum. We get MANY visitors through these pages daily, and there are links to your site on other Holden forums.
To visit these forums with accusations and sarcasm reflects poorly on yourself and your business. You say that you are Holden enthusiasts......guess what, so are we. In what way does it benefit either of us by conducting yourself in a negative manner?
Personally, I would view the opportunity presented as a way that you could promote your business in a positive manner.
It is not too late......1900+ members of this forum (plus  visitors) would be interested in your response.
Regards
Alex

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 08:31:39 PM »

We do not, however, appreciate demanding emails as seem to have been generated by this post, which is what prompted us to reply.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place instead of getting everyone "up-in-arms" about it?
Yes that is disappointing, but as customFC says, it's not representative of the group. There are a fair few of us Nationwide.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 08:47:32 PM »

Team @ UC&P

We seem to have got off to a bad start here, don't we? Which seems a shame, because generally the users of this forum (which don't necessarily equate to any one club), are highly likely to be your target market. Alienating such a large group of them strikes me as somewhat ill-advised. You've taken other posters in this thread to task for suggesting you must be in this for the money. But it was you who used the term "rip off", so what are they to think?

Would you not agree that you've had a lot of eyeballs and traffic as a direct consequence of the original post in this thread, and presumably a proportion of those eyeballs belonged to people who weren't otherwise aware of your site?

I can't see how you've been ripped off though. If you look back at what I wrote previously, I said that I downloaded the movies (only the FE ones BTW), for the benefit of club members at our meeting who don't have access to / don't use this site. And they're eyeballs that would never have been to your site anyway.

It would be different if I'd posted instructions on how to download them, re-posted them with your logo lead-in removed, or offered to sell them on a CD/DVD. But I didn't, and anyone who knows me would know that I've got fairly strong feelings about that sort of thing.  As the Editor of our Club's magazine and administrator of this site, I've got used to my original work being shamelessly lifted by others with little or no attribution. That's life on the internet. And ultimately, unless you hold the original copyright for those old ads, I'm not sure your spot on the moral high ground is any higher than mine.

You've got access to the content, so it's entirely your prerogative whether you post it on your site. If you're the fanatics you say you are, then it seems a shame that you would choose not to, just because of some emails "demanding" you do so. Surely the mere existence of them - assuming they're a direct result of links to your site from here as you believe - proves that this site is driving traffic to yours?

We're all part of the same community, and I'm all for helping each other. If you would like to send me a link to a standard (468x60) horizontal banner for uniquecarsandparts.com.au, I would be only too happy to include it in the rotation of banner-ads from this forum.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 12:13:42 AM »

Unique Car team...

The Mac v PC debate you refer to is really only friendly banter anyway. That occurs occassionally on this site..... same as Ford v Holden, FE v FC....

Supposed to be good fun.... tounge in cheek stuff. Truth be known there's probably not a lot of difference between them, just preference....

I was going to publish a pointer in our next newsletter (and on our club site) to your site, but if you're not keen for people to view the ads you've posted, I won't....

Cheers
Les...
SSEHCC, Grey Matters and site editor

FC_UTE_BEN

Aiways lookin 4 bits!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 02:44:17 AM »

There is a guy in fbek fourm who has the rights to some of those add's aparently he does DVD's of them you might be able to get 1 out of him.
He goes by the name of smooth. He seems pretty pissed that some of his stuff is on the web without his concent so ya better ask nice.
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2190
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 02:46:20 AM by FC_UTE_BEN » Logged

Aiways lookin 4 bits!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: